Chapter 26

Kylies POV

"This wont be goodbye right?" I gave one of my last hug to Alex
"Definitely not" He kissed the top of my head before letting go of the hug.

"Don't do anything stupid, at least not without me" he chuckled, still holding my hand
"I'll wait for you" I gave him one last hug before getting out of his soft embrace and walking over to Mario who was trying not to cry. I can see it in his eyes.

"I'll miss you" I extended my hand for him to shake. He ignored my gesture and brought me into a life squeezing hug. I smiled in his shoulder. "Are you sure you want to go with those boys? I don't trust them"

"Its not like I have a choice anymore" he released me from the hug and frowned. His eyes were had a tinge of red. He sniffed "I've watched you grow up. I was here for you every hour of the day for the past two years. I'll miss you Kylie" I smiled sadly. I pulled out the two knives in my back pocket. My training one and my recent one and passed them to Mario. I smiled, "Look after these for me" he nodded.

"I'll miss you too" I added before turning around to face the empty streets and Shawn leaning against a lamp post in his own world. "If anything happens, you can always come back and we'll be here waiting for you" Mario spoke softly from behind me. I nodded "I know"

I walked over to Shawn without looking back to Alex and Mario, I don't want this to be any harder than it already is. "Kylie wait!" I turned around to see Alex jogging after me. "Alex?" He cut me off by taking of the necklace from around his neck.

It was a black dog tag necklace with a silver outline and a black boxing glove charm attached to it. He charm and the dog tag clinked together as he attached it around my neck.

"Alex I cant take this, its your lucky charm" He got it when he started boxing, it was like his lucky charm, he never took it off, left his house or went into the ring without it. I reached up to the chain of his necklace but he cupped my hands with his huge ones. "Hey, please take it. Just never take it off and don't forget us" I engulfed him in a long lasting hug. "Thank you" I whispered.

"No problem, now go and enjoy yourself" for the last time we let go of each other. I slowly went over to Shawn and waved my hand in front of his eyes which woke him up from his daydream. "You ready?"

I looked over to Alex and Mario, then to the rest of the town. I looked back to Shawn then took a deep breath. "Yes"

.   .   . 

We were all sitting down somewhere in the front room. I was sitting on top of my suitcase with Alex's old jacket covering my lap. He gave it to me when I first met him and it was huge when I first got it. It kind of fits me now but I still have some growing to do.

I glanced around the room. My eyes met with Cameron's but he looked away the second he realised I was staring straight back at him. I started to think about Cameron's 'apology' that he blurted out yesterday. I honestly think its all bull crap. Probably for his internet image and if whatever he said was true I don't accept it. I mean would you?

I looked down and fumbled with Alex's necklace to see silver engraved letters on the dog tag. I grabbed the dog tag to see a silver quote that was engraved in Alex's handwriting.

"Out Of The Dirty Depths Of NJ Makes The Most Motivated People"

Wow that sounds exactly like Alex. I smiled to myself,and let the necklace drop to my stomach. I sat there in silence, listening to the boys talking about home and how they miss it. Its funny how they actually want to go home yet here I am dreading it. Why am I doing this?

There was a loud knock at the door. Nash jumped up and scurried over to the door. "Your all in a shit tone of trouble!" a strange voice echoed through the room.

A middle aged man stormed in, slightly red in the face and wearing a crap ton of layers. "How on Gods good Earth did you lose two SUV's do you have any idea how expensive they are?" be blabbered. I played with the necklace around my neck awkwardly. He looked down at me.

"Kylie is it?" He said in an unimpressed tone. The man with many layers didn't give me time to answer but instead he commented, "So this is the dump the boys were on about" he looked around the room in pure disgust. I cringed at his words and tightly gripped onto the dog tag. Matt noticed my distressed attitude and gave me that 'calm down' look. 

"What's that tacky crap hanging from your neck? Is that the best thing this town can do?" He commented snidely. I rolled my eyes.      

"Aye what's that nasty extra skin hanging from your neck? You know what mate once you lose them triple chins then you can start insulting me al'right?" I gave him my perfected fake smile. He glared at me then signalled for the boys to follow him. I watched as Hayes glanced at me briefly but then walk away over to Nash. Have we fallen out? I'll deal with that later, I stood up slowly and bent down to grab my suitcase. Once a rose back up I felt someone loosely wrap their arm around my shoulder and pull my to their body.

"How you feeling?" Matt asked me as he lead us outside.
"Nervous, sick, confused" I started but he just chuckled and kissed the top of my head.
"Don't worry about it mini Dallas. I'm here for you" I stopped in my tracks, "what's up?" I looked around the house.

"It might not look like it but I'll miss this place. A lot" I looked around the room one last time. I felt Matt laced his free hand with mine, "take as long as you need"

I nodded and just stood there. Trying to absorb everything that has happened in the past few days.
"You've been here for under a week yet you guys have changed my life drastically" I mumbled still in deep thought.

"That's what family does to you?" I turned to face him.
"Family?"
"Yep. We're your family now" I smiled genuinely and squeezed his hand.

Family. I like how that sounds. I nodded slowly and took a deep breath. In and out.

"Matthew"
"Hmm"

"I'm ready"