First Date!

Jinx's POV

I put my hair into my usual do, and added the finishing touches to my make up. I was wearing a purple blouse, a black skirt, and my favorite black boots. I glanced at the clock. I still had 10 minutes to get ready. I finished up and went across the street to the park where I agreed to meet him. Then, I saw him. He wasn't wearing his mask and I could see freckles. His eyes were green. 

"Hello, M'lady," he said, grinning. I rolled my eyes, but grinned too. 

"So, are we taking a cab?" I asked. He shook his head and grinned wickedly. Then, he swooped me up in his arms and ran to the restaurant. When we got there, he set me down. 

"I should have figured we wouldn't take a cab," I said, fixing my hair. 

"Who needs cabs when you can run faster than cabs can drive," he said. He opened the door to the restaurant for me. 

"True. And I guess it also helps save the ecosystem. Car fumes are pretty toxic," I said, entering the restaurant. 

"I didn't know you cared about the ecosystem," Kid said. I looked at his eyes. They had turned blue. (Authors Note: His eyes have been depicted as green and blue so I decided he has color changing eyes)

"I just don't want to die yet. Hey, weren't your eyes green?" I asked. 

"Oh yeah. My eyes change color. Cool, huh," he said. I nodded. 

"Table for two please. A booth if you may," Kid said to the hostess. 

"Of course. Follow me," she said. She snatched two menus from the container with her extremely long fingernails. We followed her to a booth on the far corner of the restaurant. 

"You server will be here shortly," she said and left. Then, our server showed up and we ordered some food. 

"So, how was your day today?" Kid asked. 

"Good, I guess. You?" I asked. 

"Good, too," he said. Then, we proceeded to move through all the ice breakers we could think of at that time and still had not had a real conversation. 

"See, this is what I'm always worried about. We have run through all of the ice breakers and still have nothing to talk about," Kid said. I stirred my water with my straw. 

"I guess not," I said. We sat in silence. Then, the food came. Oh thank evilness. The food has come, I thought to myself. I had ordered the rack of ribs with a side of fries with a chocolate milkshake. I dug in and started eating. Kid Flash had ordered a steak with mashed potatoes and gravy with green beans and onion rings and a soda. He started eating too. We ate in silence for a few minutes. Finally, we finished and ordered dessert.

"Do you have chocolate cake with bacon icing?" we both asked at the same time. We looked at each other. The waiter gagged a little. 

"We have chocolate cake and can probably put bacon on it," the waiter left. 

"You like bacon on cake?" I asked. I was surprised. I thought I was the only one. 

"Of course. I love bacon on everything," Kid Flash said. 

"Me too! But, I didn't order any because I didn't want to freak you out," I said. 

"Freak me out? No way! A bacon loving babe is awesome!" Kid Flash said. 

"Got it. Don't listen to my sisters advice again," I laughed. A sharp sadness stabbed my heart. I missed my sister and brother. But, how great was it to find another person who loves bacon as much as me. 

"Others peoples advice. Isn't it the worst," Kid Flash said. I agreed. The polite and awkward conversing had disappeared and we talked more like old friends then two people going out on a first date. Then, the cake came. We finished it in like two bites. Finally, the check came. 

"I'll pay," I said. Superheroes were always broke, but not super villains. 

"No way. The man always pays the bill," Kid Flash said. I shrugged and let him pay the bill. The bill was pretty big and if he wanted to pay then let him. We left the restaurant and went to see Scream 4.

Kid Flash's POV

"Meh. Not as good as Scream. Not as bad as Scream 3 though," Jinx said when we came out. 

"True. My favorite is Scream II," I said. 

"You're an idiot if you think Scream II is a good movie," she said. 

"No, you're the idiot," I said and shoved her. She shoved back. I shoved back and she fell over.
"Oh no. I'm sorry," I said and offered her a hand. She took it, an then yanked hard causing me to lose my balance and fall next to her. 

"I'll never agree about Scream 2 being a bad movie, but we can at least agree that Scream 3&4 were bad," I said.

"No, worse than bad. Terrible," she said. We stood up and I walked her to the HIVE tower. She kissed me. Not a peck, but not a full on smooch either. Her lips were soft and warm. My face was red. Then, she pulled away. She was blushing too. 

"Good night kiss," she said and then disappears into the HIVE tower. I decided to walk back home instead of just super speeding back. On the way, I dreamed about Jinx.