Seventy

Olivia Allen

"I still can't believe it," I told Niall.

We just woke up. I'm snuggled into his side, his arm around me, my head on him, and my ring-clad left hand resting on his bare chest.

"Me neither. What the hell is wrong with us?"

"I wonder that myself. We're twenty-one and twenty-two and I haven't even graduated yet."

"We're adults! We can do what we want. And I couldn't help myself," he defended.

"Were you nervous I'd say no?"

"Not really. But I was a little worried you'd think it was too soon. Until you thought I was proposing over Thanksgiving weekend and then I quit freaking out so much."

"You had no reason to be worried." I leaned up and placed a kiss on his cheek, causing him to grin and pull me closer.

"I don't want to leave this bed," Niall said.

"Me neither. When do we have to?"

"Let me check." Niall reached for his phone. "Harry was supposed to text me the details. He said, "Be at 30 Rock at 2. Congratulations.""

It's half past ten right now. So we have another couple hours to lounge around before we should probably shower, get ready, and head to the studio.

"So he and the other guys know?"

"Yeah, I had been talking to them about it yesterday all during rehearsal."

"How long are we going to keep it a secret?"

"Well all of our friends and family know. Or they will know soon. So it's just about how long we keep it from the fans."

He looked at me expectantly and I shrugged.

"I don't really care one way or another. But avoiding rumors would be nice."

"I would say I could talk about it in an interview but we don't have any coming up for awhile."

"Are you worried about how people will react?" I am when it comes to their fans. I'm already not anyone's favorite person.

"Worried? No. Some might be a little bummed. And there will be the older crowd saying "they're stupid kids" and "they'll be divorced within a year" but we can take it."

"I know we can. But I don't exactly want to," I admitted.

"I understand. Let's just see how long it takes for the word to spread."

"I like that plan."

"Good." He kissed my forehead.

"Oh my god!"

"What?" He looked startled.

"Getting married means having kids!"

He started cracking up. "You just now realizing that, babe?"

"Well it wasn't the first thing that crossed my mind last night!" I defended.

"Which is ironic considering what we were doing last night is exactly where babies come from."

"Don't jinx us! I am not accidentally getting pregnant before we're married."

"We won't. We're smart."

"I know."

"But it's crazy to think about. Within, say, five years we could have a kid." He pushed his hair back like the thought was stressing him out.