Chapter One: Return to Gotham

I ran as fast as I could down the dimly lit alley way. Breathing hard, but still in tune with myself. I was slowly loosing them, but I wasn't out of the woods yet. I heard them yelling for me to stop. I forced a garbage can into the middle of the alley, but I knew that wouldn't stop my chaser. I quickly came to a dead end. I turned to face the person chasing me, their black mask very similar to mine. It was one that I knew so well. I watched as recognition washed over his face.

"M-Morgan is that you?" he asked in disbelief, mouth slightly open.

"Not anymore," I answered. Forcing another trashcan his way. He was taken off guard and this one hit him. I threw down a smoke bomb, in a way he taught me a long time ago, and I vanished.

I casually walked down the street now, not caring if someone saw me. The Bat family wouldn't be following me know.I knew no one else could come close to stopping me, I was too powerful now. I had a small bag of jewels attached to my utility belt, I knew he would be happy with this small find. I had snagged as many as I could from the museum.

"Welcome back sweetie," I heard the familiar voice say as I walked through an abandoned warehouse.

"Here's what you wanted," I said. I threw the bag of jewels onto the small table in the middle of the room. It looked out of place next to the assortment of knives spread out.

"That's my girl. Don't look so glum. It seems you brought us home quite the loot," the voice said once again.

"Well let's just say I don't enjoy the venue," I scoffed.

I felt a large hand grasp my upper arm. It squeezed tightly, I knew there would be a red mark later. The last one was just starting to fade.

"Don't be ungrateful, I am giving you somewhere to live," he spat into my face. His eyes searching the rest of my face for any signs of sass. He hated when I was sarcastic or even the smallest bit rude.

"I wasn't," I mumbled, my eyes not looking his way.

He tossed me aside, my arm still throbbing from where his hand was. I slowly made my way to the small room that could barely be considered a large closet. It had enough room for a small twin bed and dresser. I took off my old leather suit and laid my utility belt on the dresser. I slipped into a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Throwing on a gray jacket so no one would see the sprinkle of bruises on my arms. I snuck my way out of the tiny window. I could be out for thirty minutes before he noticed.

I walked down the sidewalk, trying to keep my head low. There was no way I was going to be noticed by anyone here. I was a new student once around this neighborhood, but that felt like a lifetime ago. I dyed my hair a dark black color and no one except for Dick would notice it was me. Nobody at the school paid that  much attention to me. Besides, I wasn't there for long.

I stopped by a small coffee store and grabbed myself a vanilla latte and ducked out before anyone could notice me. Out of nowhere I bumped into someone. I spilled my coffee all over my white shirt.

"Shit," I muttered. "Way to go asshole."

"I'm sorry I didn't see you there," the voice said. I froze and felt the whole world stop. I knew that voice. I knew exactly who it belonged to.

I looked up and met a dazzling pair of blue eyes, much like our very first meeting. A meeting I didn't know would impact my whole life. As soon as his eyes met mine I knew he recognized me. His mouth hung open for a moment.

I turned on my heels and walked as fast as I could down the sidewalk. I heard his feet running down the sidewalk, trying to catch up to me.

"What are you doing here?" he said, demanding an answer. He grabbed me by the arm, I flinched away at his touch. He instantly let go and a look of pain crossed his face. One I knew I have caused him more than once.

"It's really none of your business," I snarled.

I could tell he was taken aback but that didn't stop him from prodding me for more answers. "Why are you stealing? What happened to you?"

"Like I said Dick it isn't any of your business and it's best you stay out of it. Besides there's a certain thrill that comes with this life, maybe you should try crossing the line would day," I said a smirk on my face. Not waiting for a reaction I turned and walked away once more.

He followed me again, pulling me into an alleyway.

"Morgan this isn't you! I don't know what happened but you can come back to me! We can be us again, I don't care what you say I know this isn't you!" he pleaded. His eyes filled with so much concern and love for me. I knew what I had to do. I had to crush it.

"Well I never loved you Dick! It was all a lie, there was no 'us'!" I shouted back. Almost choking on the last part.

I saw his face turn stone cold, the reality of my words hitting him. It took every  ounce of my being to not tell him I didn't mean it.

"Now if you'll exscuse me," I said one last time before throwing another smoke bomb and disappearing. I hung back on the roof and watched over the spot where I just was. I saw as Dick punched the brick wall and let out a yell of anger.

I knew he would never forgive me for that, but it was easier this way. My new life had captured me and wasn't letting go. I was different from when he knew me before, a different that I didn't know he could or would accept. One that I didn't want him to know.

I was now something I once despised,  a villain.

~A/N Wow so I finally put up the sequel to "Where Do I Belong" so if you haven't read that please go check it out. But thank you so much for being patient with me I have been working solely on my Captain America Sequel (go check those out too if you don't mind) and I decided I needed to start this one. Now that I am done with college for the semester (I still have my highschool classes) but now I have more time and can do both. So please comment and vote and let me know what you think of this first chapter. I have some really amazing ideas for where I want this to go so please don't judge by the first chapter. You can also message me about any concerns, questions, comments, or if you just want to talk. So have a wonderful day and thank you for reading.~