Chapter Six: Kidnapped, Again.

It was late that night, I stared out the small window of my tiny temporary room. I was biding my time until Slade had a new mission for me. There wasn't going to be any arguments from me. 

"Oh Morgan," I heard his deep voice boom from down the hallway. 

"Yes?" I asked him, slowly walking into the living room where he was sharpening his knife. 

"I have a job for you," he said, still staring at his knife. His one eye not looking up at me. "Now do you have any protests?" 

"No none from me," I said, trying to bite my tongue. Me arguing every five minutes isn't going to get us out of Gotham any quicker. I needed to get out of Gotham, and it seemed he was determined to stay here until he finished out whatever he came for.

"I need you to go steal a precious jewel for me," he said slyly, still sharpening the knife in his hand. 

"Okay," I said simply, there was no way I would tell him what I was really thinking. That would only make him angrier. 

His eye finally looked up at me, I almost visibly flinched.

"No complaints?" he asked me, eye staring in wonder. "There is nothing you want to say? I can see you almost bursting at the seems to say something."

"No, I have nothing to say," I said once more, trying to hold my tongue. 

"Alright well get a move on," he said, chuckling to himself. Most likely over my obvious discomfort at not being able to say anything. 

I went straight back to my room, rummaging in the small chest of drawers in the room. I reached for my suit, the all navy blue leather  jumpsuit, but I saw my old Nightingale costume. My hand felt over the leather, it was well worn and if I had stayed I would most certainly need a new one by now. How could I ever let this go? 

I quickly shoved it to the back of the drawer and put on my new costume, the one Slade had made for me. I slipped on the small mask that barely covered my face, but Slade wasn't one for being subtle, not when it came to someone other than him. 

I shimmied out the window, relying on the pitch black sky to keep me company tonight. I knew what I had to do and I would get it done. I couldn't fail Slade, not when this much was on the line. 

I was quickly at the bank he wanted me to steal from, one of the largest in Gotham. But with that many security guards there was bound to be several imbeciles. I took them out without breaking a sweat, I shimmied my way through a small window, not wanting to sound off the alarm at the front door. 

I made my way down the hallway, forcing a few of the guards into the wall, knocking them out. I finally found the jewel I was looking for. It was locked in a glass container, shining as bright as the sun. It had to have been one of the prettiest jewels Slade has sent me for. 

I wiped the sweat beads that had formed at the top of my forehead, concentrating on how I would get the jewel out. I could always force it straight out of the glass and take my chances with setting the alarm off, or I could do it the long way and find out how to disarm the alarm.

It was much safer to disarm the alarm, and since I didn't want the entire Bat family knowing I was still in town, turning off the alarm was my best bet. I made my way over towards the case, slowly circling the display, the blue jewel was calling my  name. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I heard a young woman's voice say. I turned to see the girl who was with Nightwing earlier. 

"Oh are you going to stop me princess?" I asked, almost laughing out loud. There was a large smile on my face. If she thought she could take me down on her own, then Bruce was teaching her delusion. 

"Well we are babe," I heard a voice say as wind gushed beside me, making my hair whip all around my face. I turned to see a young man with a yellow suit on, orange hair popping out the top. 

"Two against one, not the best odds, but not something I haven't bested before," I remarked stubbornly. There was still a smile on my face, but it wasn't as confident now.

"How about three against one?" another voice sounded, but this one I knew all too well. Nightwing appeared now out of the shadows. 

"That's fair I guess," I replied to him, still trying to remain calm and confident. Even if I didn't necessarily feel that way.

"Let's try five to one," an unfamiliar voice said, and a green girl came flying in along with a green bird by her side. But as the bird landed it morphed into a young boy. Well that was new.

"Come quietly and we won't have to do this the hard way," Nightwing said to me, holding out his hand. I watched amused as the Batgirl cocked her hips to side and did an obvious eye roll. 

"Okay sure, of course," I said easily as I reached out for his hand. I grabbed and an easy smile was spread out on his face, the same one he used to have when he was around me. As soon as I had a good grip on his hand, I tossed him towards the green girl, throwing him hard into her. 

I put up my force field as Batgirl through her batarangs at me, they ricocheted onto the ground, I  gave her an award winning smile before running as fast as I could toward the exit. That jewel would have to wait. 

I was mere inches from the door when a yellow streak ran smack into me, sending my flying onto the ground. Then the young green boy came flying over and morphed into a large dog, sitting on top of me. He had to have weighed at least two hundred pounds and was crushing my hands. Making it hard for me to use my powers.

I looked up as Nightwing walked over to me, Batgirl right behind him. She wore a smug expression, one I would have loved nothing more than to wipe off. 

"Do it," he muttered to her. 

"Do it yourself coward," I screamed at him as he walked away, I watched as he paused for a moment. Maybe I had gotten to him, but he continued to walk out the door. 

"Nighty night princess," Batgirl said to me as she dropped a smoke bomb next to me. 

Then everything around me went black.

~A/N Hey everybody I am so sorry it has been so long since I have updated this. But here is a long chapter to make up for it. Do you all want me to continue this book? Please let me know by commenting your thoughts about this chapter. And if you enjoyed it please vote or comment!

And if everyone shows some interest, I will try so much harder on updating this book.~