Chapter Two: Long Day

After my encounter with Dick I rushed back to the warehouse I was no calling home. There was no way I wanted to be out in public now. It was hard seeing him again after all  this time, especially without my mask to conceal the true feelings I knew were evident on my face. I crawled quietly back through the window I snuck out of and came in as quietly as I could. I knew he wouldn't be happy if he knew I was out as a civilian.

"Back so soon darling?"  his voice rang out. I felt my whole body tense up. I could barely turn around and face him.

"I wasn't gone long," I murmured. I hated feeling so small but he was more powerful than I was now. He came back even harder than the first time.

"Oh of course you weren't," he gave me a smile and ran his hand across my face. I flinched as his hand made its way down my cheek. "Tsk-tsk why are we so jumpy?"

"I-I 'm not," I muttered out, still not making eye contact. I didn't want him to see just how much he affected me, even though I knew he did. I hated it, but he had something over me and there was no escaping that. No escaping the fact that he would own you.

He snarled and turned away from me. He walked towards the small kitchen area we had made up.

"Just don't let it happen again or else," he said to me. I let out the breathe I've been holding ever since his hands touched me. I quickly shuffled to my room before he could change his mind. I was off the hook for now, but there was still an uneasy feeling.

I lay on my bed and tried not to think about who I saw today, the look in his eyes. It was all too much for me. I didn't want to leave, I really didn't, but what other choice did I have? I had too much to loose this time. I couldn't believe the look of surprise on his eyes when he saw me, he and Bruce have been looking for me ever since fall came around. It's been almost six months since I left them. No doubt he has already told Bruce and they would be looking even harder for me.

"Shit," I muttered under my breathe. I knew coming back here wasn't a good idea, but he wouldn't listen. He told me it was my final test and then he would give me what I wanted. He would give me back what he took from me.

I would no longer have to be a slave for Slade.

~A/N Okay, I know this is a short chapter, like really short. Probably the shortest one I have ever made, BUT it is setting up for the next one which I will make extra long. I will also try to have it published between today and tomorrow! So please vote and comment what you think and if you liked it. If you have any questions or concerns over this please message me about them! I love to improve! Thank you to everyone who has read the first one and has come back for the sequel. It is all so appreciated.~