Chapter 17; Rogue

"Colton let go of me." I whine, he has been hugging me for like five minutes now and it is starting to hurt.

What?

Have you ever had a werewolf Alpha mate crushing you to death in a hug before? No? Exactly.

"No, you're mine and if I let you go several things will happen. You could run away again. You could attack my pack again. You could attack my sister again. You could attack me again. Someone could attack you, again. You could ignore or be mad at me again. Or you could just be a normal mate and accept me. I am not willing to take my chances." He grumbles into my hair. Feeling the love right now, note the sarcasm.

"Colton I am still mad at you yes but if you let go of me I will talk to you still. Actually if you let go of me I will let your month start again." I reason.

"My month?" He asks, confused.

"Your month where I agree to all dates and games you have planned where I wont run away." I remind him and he immediately lets go of me, a grin plastered on his face.

"I know what we are doing first, follow me." He says, a bit over excited.

"Hold up big buddy, in case you haven't noticed there has recently been a blood bath here. Before your month starts we are going to clean this up and have a funeral for our lost and loved ones. You are the Alpha of this pack, be respectful of the people who have died today to save many." I growl at him.

"Right yes, I forgot." He mumbles. Wow, such a caring Alpha right? Insert sarcasm. "Allison, can you do me a favour?" He asks.

"What?" I reply.

"Bring down your wall." He states. My wall? What wall? I have a wall?

"Huh?" Is my great reply, and the winner of the dumbest reply ever goes to... Allison!

"Your wall, when I marked you it gave me the ability to look into your thoughts but your wall has been up so I can't and it frustrates the hell out of me." He says.

"Well in that case... No." I state before I start to help tidy up. The bodies of our dead ones have already been taken to be cleaned and readied for the funeral that is tomorrow. The bodies for the enemy have been buried around the outskirts of our territory leaving their scents there forever, sort of as a threat for any trespassers saying 'we killed the strongest pack known to man watch out.'

I pick up several arrows and my clothing and weapons before heading into the house to drop them off, when I head back out again it looks like there was never a war. How did they clean up so fast?

It is a pack of over two hundred wolves, even with thirty eight of them dead. Ida grumbles in my head, she is still sad about the loss of the white wolf pack and the fact that she helped.

Hey Ida, you know you did a good thing right? You saved Colton's life and possibly hundreds more. I assure her.

Mmhmm I know. She replies.

I walk over to Colton who is talking to a pack member, when he spots me he dismisses them. Rude much?

"Hey kitten." He greets and goes in for a hug but I put my hand in his face to stop him.

"Call me kitten again and I will chop off your balls and feed them to you. Don't try me." I say.

"Okay... Cupcake." He replies cheekily.

"Oh so we are playing that are we? Have it your way asshole." I counter.

"Love do be mean."

"Asswipe shut up."

"Honey, I love you will you give me a smile?"

"Honey I hate you go die in a hole."

"Baby please?"

"Dick face noo"

"Sweetie pie."

"Asshat."

"Crumpet?"

"U.G.L.Y you ain't got no alibi you ugly. Hey, hey you ugly!" I sing.

"You really think this chunk of muscle is ugly?" He asks and I nod. "The man all girls throw themselves at?" I swallow the jealousy and nod with a fake smile. He pulls me in close and brings his lips to my ear. "Kitten, don't lie to yourself."

"Did you just call me kitten?" I ask sternly.

"Yep! Watcha gonna do about it?" He replies, I spin on my heel and run for the house.

"Where is a knife? Someone is going to end up ball less tonight!" I yell.

"Shit, she wasn't kidding." I hear behind me and I laugh. I come back out with a knife and stalk towards him so he runs the opposite way and I chase him.

"Kitten it is dangerous to run with knives!" He yells.

"Asshat it is dangerous to call me kitten! Also running with knives is basically my job." I shout back. I jump on him and we fall to the ground laughing. He stands up and extends his arm out to help me up to but as I pull myself up he lets go and I tumble down again causing himself to laugh.

"Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight." I say, slowly and deadly. His face pales and he shakes is head vigorously.

"I sorry, I didn't mean it I really didn't. Wait, I'm the man of the house hell, I'm the Alpha! You can't do that." Colton says. I bring my index finger to my lips.

"Shh, do you hear that?" I say, widening my eyes and looking around.

"No, what is it?" Colton asks, getting himself in an attack stance.

"It's the sound of me not caring. You are sleeping on the couch tonight." I laugh at his face, just then I hear a twig break.

"Holy shazzle Colton for real did you hear it this time?" I ask, searching for the base of the sound.

"Nope." He says, popping the 'p' loudly.

"Shut up." I yell quietly. Just then a girl walks into my field of vision.

Rogue