Chapter 19; Gone

Evelyn's P.O.V

They say hearing is your last sense to go when you die, all your other senses are proven useless before that. Well I can't taste anything right now, my body feels numb, my eyes are showing nothing but darkness and my smell is off. I can hear fine though. But I think I am dying.

"Why did you bring a rogue in here? She could be dangerous!" Mr deep voice says.

"I don't think she is, she came for help Colton and I am helping her!" Miss normal voice whisper shouts back.

So his name isn't Mr deep voice, it's Colton. Why does that sound familiar?

"Since when do you help people? Especially rogues! Allison it is not in your nature to be kind." Colton replies and Allison scoffs, imagine her raising her eyebrow at him. I'm dying and even I can tell where he messed up.

"To our kind. I meant to werewolves." He tries to fix up his mess.

"Mr deep voice, please you are only making it worse. Shut your mouth before she punches you." I whisper. Hey would you look at that, I'm not as close to death as I thought, I can still talk.

"Oh she's awake, can we take the threat to the dungeon now?" Colton asks and the next thing I hear is a loud thump.

"Told you." I whisper and I hear a quiet chuckle from whom I think is Allison. I force my eyes open and the blinding light sends them shut again.

"Arg, turn it off!" I shout.

Colton's P.O.V

"Arg, turn it off!" The rogue, whom my mate has grown a soft spot for shouts. I roll my eyes and sit down on the bed. My beautiful mate glares at me, I give her the 'what' gesture and she points to the light switch behind me. I groan and reach for it before flicking it off.

"You happy?" I ask them both. Allison nods in contempt.

"Very, thanks." The rogue says softly.

Her voice is amazing. My wolf comments.

You are not meant to say that about anyone but our mate. I growl at him.

But, she is our mate. He replies, confused.

No she isn't Allison is. You know, the assassin. I tell him.

Well this one is too. He yells before shutting me out. I have two mates?

"I, um need to go now." I hurriedly say before sprinting out the door.

Why do I not feel a pull towards this girl like I do to Allison if she is my mate? Oh God, Allison! She will kill me, and my pack if she finds out. And she won't toy with us this time, it will be fast and deadly. She may have knocked me unconscious earlier but with my advanced Alpha healing I woke up just as she gave a speech on what she would do if the rogue got too friendly with me. I smirk at the thought, so much for not caring, was my first thought.

This new, new mate bond or what ever it is needs to be disposed of. I don't care how, I would kill the rogue for it to not mess up my newly growing relationship with Allison. She ignored me for nearly six months for biting her, what would happen if she found out that apparently I am not fully committed to her? She has just recently forgiven me for my last stuff up and only just starting to accept the bond god damn it.

I push open the door to the library and rush over the librarian who bows her head in respect.

"Hello Alpha, what brings you here today?" She says politely.