Chapter 24; Could it be?

Colton's P.O.V

I look longingly at my mate, lifeless. It looks like she is just sleeping yet I know she is not.

And it's my fault.

I cant stand to be around her right now, it's suffocating but I bare with it for her. I refuse to be a coward and run away from my mate for this is the last day I get to see her beautiful face before we bury her. Those filthy rogues attacked her at least one hundred on one.

I did nothing to save her.

I look over to Evelyn but look away when I notice she is with her loving mate. I set eyes on Mal and Jackson which repels my glance like the plague. Everywhere I look people are with their mates and it's disgusting but I don't voice my thoughts for Allison wished me not to.

Her final wish.

I sit beside her coffin and stroke her face, memories creep into my mind one by one. When she snapped my arm because I wouldn't let her pee. The way her wolf looked when she first shifted. How our fist kiss was shard when I was giving her mouth to mouth. Our first, last and only kiss was me attempting to save her when she was already dead.

Because I wasn't strong enough to save her.

I stand up and quietly walk into the kitchen before grabbing some food, the left over lasagne looks the most appetising to I scoop some for myself. I heat it up in the microwave and slowly shovel it down. My eyes flicker up to the clock.

11:34pm

It is time to get ready. I walk over to my car and drive towards the graveyard, followed by everyone else. Allison is in the last car. We arrive at the graveyard and Jackson, Jayden, a few other men and I carry her over to the hold in the ground. I place a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodbye my sweet." I whisper before the lid is placed on the coffin.

Using straps we slowly lower her into the hole and bow our heads as the priest prays to the moon goddess to look after our sweet Luna. When he is finished I make my way forward to the front of my pack.

"Allison... She was different. My little mate was caring when she needed to be yet still held on to her hard exterior. She was given multiple chances to kill our pack yet she didn't take them. Somewhere along the line my little Marked Assassin turned soft towards us." I say and face Allison. "Allison, my sweet baby girl. I just wanted to say that I love you too, I have loved you since I first layed eyes on you. I even loved you when you broke my arm or when you trapped us in the pack house. There is nothing, nothing that you could've don't to make me stop loving you. Goodbye." I start crying and I cant help it, this is the last time I will ever see her again.

I'm sorry I cried Allison.

Speech after speech is given, until finally the priest concludes the ceremony. We each pick up a handful of dirt and drop it over Allison's coffin.

My eyes water up again, my mate is dead.

And it's your fault. Randall says.

I know. I reply sadly.

My mate, my Ida, my Allison. Goodbye. He whispers.

Before we actually bury her we all turn into our wolves, starting with me followed by Jackson and his mate. We work our way through the ranks until we are all in wolf form.

I look up to the full moon, throw my head back and let out a bloodcurdling howl. All my hurt, longing, sadness and pain is heard in this one howl. The pack joins in with just as much emotion except for Mal who instead of howls sends a beam of green light into the air, lighting up the sky as a message to our Allison.