Chapter 23; the in laws

Lacey's P.O.V

As soon as I enter my room I wipe my fake tears away from my face and smile. I smile like there is no tomorrow, not because of that stupid note but because my competition is finally gone. I now have a chance to get together with Colton, we used to be going out. Until that vermin came into the picture. Before she came Colton was cruel and commanding, just the way I like it but as soon as she came he softened considerably.

For what?

A werewolf killer.

Stop being so jealous, he is not our mate and you know it. My wolf Grace comments.

He is! I shout back, she rolls her eyes and retreats into the back of my mind.

He is...

Colton's P.O.V

I look down at my beautiful mate who is wearing her suit with all her weapons layered out perfectly around her in her coffin. Mal tied her hair up to perfection and Cindy did her makeup.

She is still so beautiful.

Searing pains have been gripping my heart ever since she died, a mates bond is so fierce that if one died then the other should too but an Alpha mate bond is stronger. I will not lose myself though, I will not abandon my pack.

For her.

Her funeral is being held in four days from now, enough time for everyone to arrive. I also found something she should have known about, something that I will bring to her funeral to say a proper goodbye.

"My beautiful Allison, how I already miss you. I used to be a cruel man but as soon as I set eyes on you it was all thrown out the window, please come back to me." I whisper in her ear.

I get up and walk out the door and into the torture room where the rest of what my mate didn't manage to kill waits for me. The warlock has been tied up with special chains that stop his magic, while the others are chained to the wall with silver chains.

"Why did you do it?" I ask.

"My wife and I came to collect our child, we had a chance to when your mate was out of the way. Your only fighter besides yourself to could hold us off, wen she died we thought you would suffer and become useless. I guess you didn't care as much as we thought." He smirks at the end. I growl and in a flash he is gasping for breath as I rip his heart out.

"She is the most important thing to ever walk this Earth, don't ever talk like that." I seethe. "You are all cowards, at least one hundred of you went up against her at a time. I am disgusted in all of you filthy rogues. Kill the rest of them slowly, make sure they suffer." I say.

This time when I exit I walk over to the room where we are keeping Evelyn, is her name as I have recently found out. When I open the door I see a sight that makes me sad, Evelyn and Jayden, a member of my pack and laughing happily with each other. Looks like she found her second chance mate. I feel jealousy rip through me, this should be Allison and I laughing together.

I clear my throat loudly and they immediately look towards me.

"Is everything ok Evelyn? Do you need anything?" I ask, she shakes her head and I walk out again. I just cant smile right now, sorry Allison.

I turn the corner and am greeted with Lacey, the one who Allison hated. Which leads to me disliking her. She is wearing short, short shorts and a crop top. Her face is caked up with make up and lets just say she looks like she belongs in the isle for dolls that no one wants. Lacey runs her finger up and down my arm slowly and smiles, I automatically cringe.

What did I ever see in her?

Why cant this be Allison running her finger along my arm?

"Hey Alpha, I've been missing you." She purrs.

"I miss you too Allison." I whisper sadly and she pulls back.

"What do you even see in that witch? She was ugly and cruel and hunted werewolves!" Lacey screeches. I growl loudly and grab her by the arm, pulling her towards the dungeon. I chain her to the wall, all the while she is yelling about how sorry she is and how I should have mercy on her.

No.

I lock the cellar door and exit the dungeon before heading to the front door, my surprise for Allison should be here by now. I open the door and a couple emerges, arm in arm.

Allison should be in my arm.

"Where is my baby!" The human women yells. I give them the signal to follow me and I lead them to Allison. As soon as they see her they yell and the woman falls to her knees.

"My baby girl, I am so sorry we couldn't be there." The man whispers to her. They stay like this for god knows how long until the finally stand up and face me.

"Thank you for being with her while we couldn't Alpha." The woman hugs me, I hesitate before hugging her back. This woman would have been my mother in law.

"I am truly sorry for your loss." The man says.

So am I.