Chapter 22; I love you

Colton's P.O.V

A howling in the distance catches my attention, not because of the howling but the person who is howling.

I am up straight away and through the door before anyone can stop me. I shift and sprint through the darkness towards the sound, towards my mate. I barrel through the trees faster than anyone could ever imagine.

I am going to be a good mate from now on. No, the best mate. I will apologise and treat her like a queen, I will hug her and kiss her and never let her go. She will be mine and I will be hers. I will cater to her every wish and need, every want, every- I stop dead in my tracks.

Please, no god please don't let that be what I think it is.

I walk over to the slumped figure slowly and when I can make out what is really is I drop to my knees and pick up my mate, tears streaming down my face as she smiles weakly at me.

"Please, no don't cry Colton. Don't cry." She whispers hoarsely. I stop myself, for her.

"I'm leaving tonight." She says.

"No, no you not Allison. No, no, no ,no no. You cant leave me, not again. Please my baby girl don't go." I plead with her. She smiles again.

"Colton, I must tell you something." She murmurs.

"You can tell me when you get better." I reply.

"Don't be daft, you and I both know this is my last time with you." She says softly. Still smiling.

"No Allison we can make it through this. You and I together, as mates, as and Alpha and a Luna. Just keep your eyes open." I beg, I pulled out the dagger a while ago and am applying pressure to the wound.

"Colton its ok, its ok. I need you to be strong." She tells me, eyes watering up now.

I am silent, holding back a fresh wave of tears.

"I love- I love you." She sighs before her eyes close for the last time. I shake my head in denial.

"No baby girl open your eyes! You can't die, not now, not after those three words. Come on open your eyes!" I yell, I pinch the bridge of her nose and tilt her head back slightly before placing my lips on hers, performing mouth to mouth. I breathe into her then pushing on her chest and repeating, getting more desperate by the minute.

Finally I give up on that and stand up.

"I, Colton, Alpha of the Blood Moon pack order you to wake up!" I command, and when she doesn't follow orders I yell again.

"Wake up damn it! Wake up, I cant lose you too. Please come back to me." I shout. But deep down I know its useless.

She's gone.

My wolf has emerges from his hideout, where he has been silently crying.

This is your fault! He screeches. I know. You always have to bloody show your dominance, you couldn't have just let her win that argument yet instead you told her to leave!

He retreats back into his hideout, leaving me crying to myself. I wander around aimlessly, punching trees down and ignoring the other dead bodies. She put up a fight, but there were too many. A hint of a smile appears on my face.

My little mate, always putting up a fight. Refusing to back down even when she knows she is going to lose.

I look back over to her and notice something I didn't notice before. Dried blood in the ground, a letter. I head over to it and read.

My dear Colton,

Don't trust the librarian, she did this.

Look after that rogue and protect her, she is special. I can feel it.