Chapter 10

"This'll be your room," Damon said, showing me a huge guest bedroom. "It has a built in bathroom and walk in closet, so you should be good."

"Thanks," I said, setting my bag down on the bed. "You didn't have to give me a tour. I could learn my way around myself."

Damon shrugged. "It's the polite thing to do. Believe it or not, some of us brooding vampires still have some class."

I smiled slightly at that. "So, what's on the agenda for tomorrow? Another road trip or more shopping?"

"Ha ha very funny," Damon said. "No, today is just learning your surroundings and getting used to the place. Tomorrow will be learning about the ways of our kind and the factors of being a werewolf and vampire."

I raised an eyebrow. "All at once?"

"No, you'll be learning vampire in the morning and werewolf in the afternoon. Don't worry, I'll be supervising your werewolf lessons."

"Thanks. Sorry, I'm just not too fond of werewolves right now."

"Understandable. Make sure to tell Jace that, it'll knock him down a few notches."

I smiled. "I'll consider it. He seems really nice."

Damon scoffed. "He's just like that around girls. Just wait, you'll see his true colors soon enough. He's a self-absorbed asshole."

"You could just be saying that 'cause he's your younger brother," I pointed out.

"Yeah, well, I've known him long enough to know how he really is. He charms girls, then dumps them."

"So like you?"

He gave me a look. "I haven't dumped you yet, have I?"

"No, because you haven't seduced me."

"I could if I wanted to. I'm just a decent guy and won't seduce a sixteen year old girl."

"I'm gonna be eighteen in a couple months. How old are you, anyway?"

Damon smirked. "Wanting to know if I'm legal, are we?"

I rolled my eyes and lightly shoved him. "No, I'm just wondering how old the person who I'm gonna be spending a lot of time with. Besides, it's only illegal if we have sex within the three year age difference."

Damon raised an eyebrow. "How the hell do you know that?"

"Let's just say the girls in my grade got out of a lot of charges by saying the guy they slept with was only twenty-one."

Damon whistled. "Damn, your grade is pretty slutty."

"I know, I'm one of the few virgins left. Joie made sure of that." I grew sad at the thought of Joie, but pushed back the sadness. I wasn't going to cry here.

"Good, it makes you more innocent."

I shrugged. "I have good drilled into me. It makes all the guys want to make me their best conquest, but that doesn't happen."

"I'll make sure they don't. The only conquest you will be is your husbands."

"I know. So anyway, my question?"

Damon smiled. "Ah, I'm not gonna get out of this, am I?"

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'. "So, tell me Mr. Chase, what is your age?"

"Alright, I'm twenty-two. And before you ask, I've been a vampire for a decade, so in your years I'm thirty-three."

"Well, you said vampires are forever the age they were Turned, so you're still twenty-two," I pointed out. "Besides, you're too young to be thirty-three. It's weird thinking of you as that age."

"Cause I'm so stunningly attractive?" Damon mused.

I rolled my eyes. "No. So, you were born in 1982?"

"Yep, had the eighties afro and everything. The nineties were pretty awesome though. I loved the children's shows. Ed, Edd, and Eddy was the best."

I laughed. "That was my favorite show as a kid!"

"Mine too! It was amazing."

"Alright, so you were what, fourteen when Jace was born?"

"Yes, I was. And I became a vampire eight years after that. How's that for a childhood, having your older brother as a bloodsucking monster?"

"I'm sorry," I said. "How old was your sister when she, um, passed away?"

Damon grew quiet. I felt bad for asking and immediately regretted it. It was too personal of a question.

"She was six when I was Turned, so I had six years with her. Before she died, that is."

"I'm sorry."

"Such a human thing, apologizing for something you didn't do."

"It's a way of sympathizing," I said. "It means I'm sorry you're going through it."

Damon nodded. "Anyway, I better let you get some sleep. You must still be exhausted."

I shrugged. "Not really. I slept for two days, I'm not tired at all."

"You should get some sleep, anyway. You've got a long couple months ahead of you."

I sighed. "I don't suppose I could just figure it all out on my own?"

"Not unless you want to hurt more people."

I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut. "Hey, Damon?"

"Yes?" he asked.

"Did you happen to bring any pictures from my room with you?"

"Why?"

I turned away from him, not wanting him to see the tears forming in my eyes. "No reason. Just wondering."

I heard Damon sigh. "Look, Tyler, I know you miss Joie. I still miss my human, too. But you can't go see her, not right now. You're too dangerous."

"I didn't hurt her last time I saw her," I protested.

"When you were around Evan, you pushed her and she fell. She hit her head, remember? That counts as hurting her."

I held back the tears, but it became very hard to keep them back. "I just want to see her. I have to see her. She's my best friend, Damon. I don't know what to do without her."

Damon hesitated, but sighed. I felt the bed shift, and I looked over at him. He got a picture out of his shirt pocket and handed it to me. I frowned and smiled when I saw it. It was a picture of Joie and me on her trampoline with us messing around with the camera. It was one of my favorite memories.

"I thought you'd like that one," Damon said. "It looked like you two had a lot of fun, and I figured it would bring back good memories."

I smiled softly at Damon. "Thanks, I appreciate it a lot."

Damon nodded and cleared his throat uncomfortably. I realized we were sitting kind of close together, so I scooted away and said, "You know what, I am actually pretty tired. I'll see you in the morning."

Damon nodded and quickly got up. "Alright then. Goodnight, Tyler."

"Goodnight, Damon."

He turned off the light and closed the door. My eyes automatically adjusted to the darkness, making it clear as day to see. I looked at the picture of Joie and me, smiling at the memory. I wiped away tears as they slid down my cheeks. I was going to miss Joie, but I was going to see her soon. But little did I know that when I would see her, she would be so much different than when I'd left her.

A/N: hey, sorry for the long update but here is one!! Pic is of Damon, since he is very very attractive. Comment and vote if you enjoyed!!!