Part 1 - Chapter 4

They finally picked out their outfits for the concert. Gab chose a satin black backless skater skirt dress with sleeves up to her elbows, yellow doll shoes and the long silver necklace which Harvey gave her for her 18th birthday. As for Madie, it is a short sleeved dress with green embroideries on top, a ribbon in the middle and plain beige bottom. She could not decide on what shoes to buy so she opted for her favorite white sneakers at home.

Both of them are already enjoying their delicious steak dinner when Gab's phone rings - it's Harvey. Is this the moment she has been dreaming of all her life? She drinks a sip of water, breathes in and breathes out.

"Hello" says Gab.

"Hi Gabby. How are you?"

Her heart is beating so fast she cannot think of what to say. "Hi Gabby. How are you? Hi Gabby. How are you? Hi Gabby." is on a loop in her mind.

She hates being called Gabby.

During her younger years, she was such a crybaby that all of her classmates loved to tease her until she cried. Whenever she called out her mommy, they bullied her more by chanting "Gabby. Mommy. Ugly. Gabby. Mommy. Ugly."

From then on, she hated her first name and always introduced herself as Gab. But, there is something in the way Harvey sounds when he says the name Gabby.

"Erm. Fine. You?"

"Busy with the final rehearsal. Is Madie with you?

"Yes. You want to talk to her?"

The siblings talk for a while and agree that he will pick her up in about 30 minutes.