Chapter 1

~2 Weeks Ago~
*Val POV*
I giggled, as I quickly hid under Ghastly's desk, and heard the door creak open. "Valkyrie Cain, Get out of here!" A voice growled playfully, tapping there foot. I stifled a giggle, pressing myself closer to the ground. "Fine. I guess I'll have to tickle it out of you" he smirked, and I pictured him crossing his arms. My breath stopped. He wouldn't. "Just in case your doubting me, I'm not kidding!" He snapped, walking towards the desk. I squealed, bolting up and surprising him. I pushed past him as he made a grab for my wrist. He missed, cursing, and ran after me as I ran away giggling. He laughed, chasing me down the hallway. Mages stepped out of the way for the detectives, rolling there eyes. We didn't care. I saw a door up ahead, and without thinking, burst in and tried to slam the door on him. I failed, and he burst in, laughing. I laughed, and accidentally snorted, making us both laugh more. A cough came from in front of us, as we whipped our heads up to see the Grand Council of Ireland in a meeting.
So basically, Ghastly, Erskine and Mist.
Still.
I blushed, as skul coughed, straightening his tie and tried to stop laughing, but his shoulders were still shaking softly, giving away his composure.
Ghastly looked like he was trying to glare, but really wanted to get out of the meeting and join in. "Is there a reason for this.... Interruption detectives?" Erskine asked, raising his eyebrows. I looked at skul and he looked at me. I sighed, punching Skul in the arm, ignoring his whine, and cleared my throat. "No." I stated, before running out of the room, Skul hot on my heels. I was struggling to run because I was laughing too much, but Skul didn't have that issue. He grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulder, searching through my pockets. I pouted through all the laughing, as he pulled out the keys to his Bentley. "Ah-ha!" He gloated, holding the keys over his head so I could see them from where my head was ( which was facing behind him). I groaned, but yelped as he started jogging through the sanctuary. "Skul! Put me down!" I scowled, embarresed at the looks I was given. "Nope. Punishment is due." He stated, as I hit his back like a two year old.
He sighed, finally putting me down in front of him, as I punched him in the stomach. He laughed, as I shook my hand, my knuckles hurt from punching bone. "God, no wonder everyone fears you.." I mumbled, as he tilted his head. "No Valkyrie, it's because of my good looks" He said sarcastically, pointing at his skull. I rolled my eyes, walking towards the Bentley, him complaining about his reputation.

Present
"6:45am? Really Skul?" I whined, getting out of the car. He shrugged, sighing. "Duty calls. Have a good night Val " he chirped, waving as he pulled out of Gordon's estate. I sighed, turning around and walking inside.

I thought I was alone, but I was wrong. I realised this when I noticed the door slightly ajar, leading me to believe I had an intruder. My eyes narrowed, as I slowly pulled out the emergency gun skul had given me a while back, for well, emergencies.
I enter the house, turning on the lights.
They were sitting right there, scaring the living daylights out of me. I shot one of there shoulders, but one of the hooded people was obviously an elemental.
"Don't be alarmed." A voice chorused, sending shivers down my spine.
It sounded familiar.
"I'm sorry, I'm sure you would be weirded out if some random people were casually sitting in your fucking lounge room, all in hoods may I add." I snarled sarcastically. Reloading my gun, but not shooting. I had no idea who these people were going on, or even who they were. It could be the dead men playing a prank for all I knew.

I wish I had killed them.

{FIRST CHAPPIE DONE! it gets better hopefully :) X
Blizzard Fernell