Chapter 4

*Val POV*
I groaned, my stomach sore, and my neck stiff, as I climbed up off the porch of Gordon's estate. I covered my eyes as the harsh sun bore down on me, and quickly unlocked the house, stepping in and shakily walking to my room. I'd spent all night, outside crying. Cursing my existence.
Cursing life in general.
I collapsed on my bed, crying once more. A headache formed from all the crying, causing me to get up not long after laying down. I passed the window, then realised it was unlocked. He might come.
Tears rushed to eyes, as I locked the window and closed the curtains.
I couldn't let him.
Not ever again.
I walked through the quiet house, only now realising how lonely I felt. Stopping In the kitchen, I grabbed a glass of water and sat on the couch in the lounge room.
This was where it had happened.
This is where my life was ruined.
Anger filled my lungs, as I screamed, throwing the glass at the wall, and using air to rip the couch apart, then using my hands.
I felt my nails tear, ripping off of my fingers, but didn't stop. Tears spilled down my face, hopelessness seeping into my frame, as sobs escaped my mouth.
I was slowly giving up.
The pain from my fingers hit me like a fist once I'd calmed down, and I hissed, grabbing a box of band aids from the kitchen, wrapping them up.

*Skul POV*
I screamed, standing up in frustration and storming out of the room, no one stopped me, knowing I needed me space.
What did I fucking do??!!
I didn't do anything! This was all her!
I know I didn't hate her, so why did she suddenly hate me?!
I loved her... Why....
That was it.
I disgusted her. I probably annoyed her two.
I'd give the world up for her, and she used to look like she would've done the same.
I focused in on where I was and realised I was in the men's bathroom, hands next to the sink, staring in the mirror. It looked like I was searching.
Like I was searching for some reason why she hated me.
A list formed in my head, as I sprinted out of the sanctuary, slamming one the doors, and shocking the mages outside.
I needed to get out of here.
I ignored the odd looks, and ran into the forest surrounding the sanctuary, pushing through the debris.
I ran until I ended up at an airport.
This was my chance.

*Meeting POV*
(Lol idfk)
Tanith burst out crying, confused. As we all sat in shock.
"She didn't do that by herself." Saracen muttered sourly, standing up. "Maybe she wasn't ready for magic... He brought her in when she was twelve.." Ghastly sighed, holding back tears of his own.

No one believed Saracen, so it was up to him.