Chapter 2

*Val POV*
"I... I'm busy, Skulduggery. I can't." I whispered, trying not to let my voice break.
I heard him pause, confused. "Is everything alright? I don't understand..." He muttered. I'd never missed a days work because I was 'busy'. Work usually came first, but not now.
"Look, I'll come to the sanctuary for the meeting tomorrow, okay? I have to go." I snapped, hanging up.
God, that hurt.
But I couldn't cave in.
I sighed, flopping down onto my bed and let the tears run down my face.
Now what?

As if reading my mind, I got a text from Tanith.
T- Everything okay? Skul seemed upset :( where are you?
V- Everything's fine X had some unexpected family visits, so a bit busy.
T- He seems reallllly hurt.... What happened Val?
I screamed into my pillow in frustration. Why couldn't she just drop it?!
I hissed, turning my phone off.
I didn't feel like talking to her anymore.

I heard mum and dad get up, and froze realising it was a Tuesday morning, and I had school. Oh hell no. I quickly got up, undressed, and summoned my reflection.
"Get changed for school, act normal and don't call or talk to Skulduggery, okay?" I whispered, getting changed into some comfortable clothes. It nodded, opening the door and walking downstairs for breakfast.
Luckily, I was prepared and used to not having breakfast.
I quickly climbed out of my window,and dropped silently into the front yard, before sprinting to the pier.
I quickly hid underneath it, and prepared to get bored. Since I couldn't really do anything because I was hiding from everyone, I had to literally conceal myself away.
So I had to hide here and be bored.

I contemplated calling Ghastly and confessing everything. He was basically my dad, and I really wanted to tell someone. I needed to tell someone. But I couldn't, and I knew that deep down. I sighed , dipping my toes in the water, and watching the ripples appear around my feet. I looked at my reflection, (the one that wasn't at school), and frowned.
This wasn't me.
The real Valkyrie Cain wouldn't be hiding from her best friends,
Or crying in her room.
She certainly would have killed those people for even thinking of threatening her.
But this was bigger.
No, she couldn't be Valkyrie Cain anymore.
Not if she wanted to save her best friends life's.
Her loves life.
And he's secret.

*just a short one! Sorry it kinda jumps about, but it's necessary! Love y'all!

Blizzard Out!😘😋❤️🌻