Chapter 3

I REFUSE TO LISTEN TO JUSTIN BEIBER LOL thefeygirl X 😂

*Val POV*
I dreaded getting out of bed. Not because it was cold and wet as usual, but because of having to speak to everyone.
I never thought I'd be saying that about my friends.

After having a shower, taking my time, I did my makeup and hair, and left.
Id texted skulduggery earlier that morning, saying he didn't need to pick me up.
I sighed, and started walking towards the bustop that was outside Gordon's estate.
A few meters away from the house, a motor bike sped up the driveway. Tanith stopped next to me, putting the brake on and chucking me a helmet. "Skul said you didn't want to be picked up by him, so I came to pick you up! No use walking " she smiled, trying to hide the frown on her face. "I didn't say that.... Exactly.." I mumbled, getting on the bike, and barely putting on my helmet as we sped out of the estate.

"So what's up with you and skul anyway?" Tanith asked, turning a corner sharply, making me grip her sides harder. "Nothing. Nothing at all. Why?" I muttered, annoyed at her worry. She sighed, slowing down as we passed cops. "Look Val, last week you were telling me you love him, and now your cutting him off! Your my little sister, but he's also my friend." She stated, speeding up again.
I stayed silent.

She got off the bike, putting the stand up,and began walking inside. She turned back to the bike, noticing my absence. "Val? You coming?" She asked, her eyes brows furrowing at my rigid posture. I scowled at the seat, but nodded, getting off and sauntering inside behind Tanith.
God, I just don't want anyone to hurt him.
But I was hurting him more than they could.
Those assholes.
"Godammit Val! We're here!" Tanith snapped, annoyed. I looked down, pushing past her and sitting down. I had started crying.
I had to do this.

The meeting droned on, as my thoughts got worse. Great. I've hurt Skulduggery, and now im upsetting Tanith. Aren't I just a ball of fun. I thought sarcastically, trying to subdue the tears, but even after an 1h of the meeting with all the dead men and a few others,they were still flowing.
Then i made the mistake of sniffling.
I felt Ghastly's gaze on me, and I kept my head down. "Val? Are you alright?" He asked, softly.
Now was my chance.
I stood up, scraping my chair back.
"I quit. I quit being a detective, and I quit working for the sanctuary." I stated, void of emotion, and walked out of the room. I ignored the shocked looks from everyone and Ghastly calling my name.
As soon as I was out of view, I sprinted out of the sanctuary crying.
It wasnt my sanctuary anymore. It only harboured happy memories, which I couldn't afford right now.
I cursed those people.
I cursed myself, and I curse everything.
Why was life suddenly so hard?
I ran out of roarhaven, ignoring the fire in my lungs from the tears that were still making it hard to breathe.
I didn't stop.
I ran until I got home to Gordon's estate, which was over 23km away, and I collapsed on the front porch, tired and depressed.
When did it get so hard?

This is for thefeygirl  lol she threatened me with Justin BEIBER, so it motivated me xx lol love you VW❤️😂😘