Chapter 7

*Val POV*
I craned my neck, checking out the now formed bruise in the mirror.
It was the shape of two hands.
I grumbled, pushing away from the mirror and walking into the kitchen.
Grabbing a box of cereal, I sat down at the table and stuck my hand into the box.
God knows when I'd last eaten.
I threw the cereal in my mouth and chewed. Something was off.
I opened my hand and screamed, running to the sink and throwing up the cereal.
It was infested with weasels. (Baby Moths).
After recovering from that attack, I slouched back on the sofa, throwing my headphones back on to try and calm myself down. I didn't want to explore my house anymore.

3h later
I jumped, screaming. "Skulduggery!" I cried, falling on my hands and knees. I sobbed, tears streaming down my cheeks as I thought of him. I fucking loved him and he thought I hated him!
It wasn't fair!
I was brought out of my sobbing when my phone rang, the shrill noise sending shivers down my spine, realising that someone could probably hear it if they were still in the house. I picked it up, noticed it was Anton and stared. Anton shudder was calling me? I hesitantly pressed the green button and held it to my ear. "Hello?" I whispered, not even realising I was doing it until to late. "Hello Stephanie. I was wondering if you could come and talk with me tomorrow? Just a quick chat , really." He asked innocently, and I could picture him with puppies for some reason.
You just don't have his name and puppies In the same sentence.
You just don't.
I sighed, but softly nodded, before realising he wouldn't be able to see that. "Sure... I have to go... What time?" I mumbled, hearing murmuring going on on the other side.
Of course this was put up by the dead men, wanting answers. But I'd already said yes. And a big part of me didn't want to die alone, in this house. "Is 10:30am good for you?" He asked sharper, making me recoil slightly. "Sure. I'll be there." I whispered, hanging  up.
A creak had sounded from upstairs.
I whimpered, covering the warm bruises on my neck and hiding underneath my blankets.
I was so scared, I could've wet my pants and not be p able to move.
Not that I was going to do that. 
I wouldn't do anything I wanted, not until I was alone, and that was obviously going to be a while.