Chapter 10

What was going on?

I turned to Skul, and tears rushed to my eyes. "It'll be okay. Everything will be okay." I reassured him, but really was trying to reassure myself. He nodded softly, so I walked over and hugged him to my chest. "Skul..... There's something I want to tell you..." I mumbled, blushing furiously. He tilted his head, giving me permission. "I'm in love-
He reached forward and pressed his teeth to my lips, not even giving me a chance to finish what I was saying. His teeth moulded perfectly with my lips, and it just felt so... So right. His hands encircled my waist, and my hands were finally placed at the back of his skull.
And we still kissed.
"Aww, how sweet,"the lights began to flicker,  and the elevator jumped slightly, as we pulled apart. But stayed in each other's arms. The intercom crackled again, and a different voice appeared. "Miss Cain, you've been a very naughty girl. We warned you, we warned you multiple times...." My face paled as Skul hissed. "Now you and your friend have to pay."
The elevator started moving. I glanced at Skul as the intercom shut off, and the elevator jumped around.
Before it started moving upwards. Skul held me close, as the elevator sped up. "There ejecting the elevator through the roof." He stated calmly. I whipped my head to look at him, previously trying to find the intercom. "I thought they only did that in movies!" I screeched, stopping myself from being thrown back. Skulduggery stayed silent. I reached forward, grabbing his hand, and he gave  a re assuring squeeze, before the elevator stopped.
And instead, it started to tilt as the doors opened, and we both went flying out.
I screamed as my hand disconnected from Skuls, and the wind rushed through my hair, blocking my vision. Not knowing where I'd actually been teleported I was disappointed to look to my right and see a sky scraper building, passing by in a flash.
I tried in vain to turn my body around, anything so I could see, but I couldn't think straight with the deafening roar of the wind.
Even worse, I had no idea where Skulduggery was thrown.
Finally getting my bearings , I remembered I had magic, and pushed out at the air underneath me, sending me tumbling forward, but making me face the ground, which was coming closer at an alarming speed.
I'd waited to long to turn around.
I quickly used the air to slow my descent, but wasn't quick enough as-

My ribs ached, as I lay there not moving. Ears ringing, vision blurry, laying on the concrete. No one around to help.
Trying to move my arm, I screamed in pain,and it was the same with the other arm.
Tears streamed down my face, as I lay there, no unable to move.
What had happened to Skulduggery?