Why? { AU }

Why?

{ AU -Police Officers }

Enjoy! ♥

-

"Don't drag me down later, Tetsuya." Akashi teased as he walks off. Kuroko and Tetsuya were called by their headquarters to catch a syndicate which was holding a drug deal at the isolated warehouse near the sea.

"I won't." Tetsuya replies, as he grabs his gun and head for the car. Headquarter usually send them for dangerous mission, as they were both talented snipers.

They made their way to the location, where Akashi would tease Kuroko every now and then. The operation soon started when they entered the building.

"Behind you!" Akashi voice boomed in the empty warehouse as he shoots the guy behind Tetsuya dead. Kuroko widened his eyes, before killing the body guards near them, when a sniper from the opposite team tries to shoot Kuroko. Akashi, instead of warning Kuroko, jumped to Kuroko's rescue.

The bullet lodged itself onto the heart of Akashi, and as he falls, Akashi shoots again. He shot his last bullet, before toppling.

Kuroko quickly scampered to take the drugs before going to Akashi's side.

"Hold on! I'll bring you to the hospital." Kuroko shouted, as he rips out a part of his attire, and pressed it against the bullet wound.

"It's useless. The bullet is too deep." Akashi whispers as his face turns pale.

"Don't talk. Let's go!" Kuroko cries out, as he tries to pull Akashi up.

"I told you not to drag me down didn't I?" Akashi coughs out, as he smiles.

"I remember all those times where we chased down mafia bosses, and caught thiefs and murderers. It's unfortunate that this will be the last time I'll be on a mission with you." Akashi continued, as more blood oozed out of his chest.

"I love you." He whispers, as his eyes began to close, as the images began to blur, before fading to black.

Kuroko stood there stunned for a few seconds, before regaining his senses, and shouting, "Why? Why?"

His eyes turned watery as he witnessed his partner of five years faded away. "You didn't even manage to hear what...I have to say to you..." He drifted off, as he grabs Akashi's hand.

"I love you..." He whispers, as he kissed Akashi softly on the lips.

"I always loved you." He choked out, as tears began streaming out of his eyes, but what's the use of confessing when the person who needs to hear it is already dead?

// Feeling kinda depressed now, so an angst for today (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ //