V - Rolling Yards (Climbing Trees pt.2)

I was walking through my yard, I was about to reach home. My heart was bouncing and I heavily breathed the whole time. It was scary to come backs so late, I have never tried to go alone at this time, when it's already dark and the sun just set. I looked around worriedly. It was cold and I rubbed my arms with my palms, but it didn't really do anything.

When suddenly I heard a strange noise and my heart stopped. It reminded of the silent giggle. But as far as I could see there was no one around. I started slowly increasing the speed and finally I was almost running. The way through the yard was quite long and all though I could see the lights of my house already that didn't make me any calmer. The giggle could be still heard.

My skin bewildered and I stopped for a second to catch my breath. As soon as I did that, the silent chuckling turned in to laugh that could be clearly hear. I turned around carefully ready to attack first if needed and my eyes popped onto my forehead.

Down on the wet grass, which was covered in little rain drops, which probably stayed there from the rain that hit the earth in the afternoon, there was a guy rolling around, like it was socially acceptable and completely normal. I stood there absolutely lost in my thoughts that I forgot to breath.

"Excuse me... what are you doing?"

I asked. The guy rolled around for couple more second, then stood up brushed off the drops, even if his clothes were already soaking wet and pushed back the hair which fell on his face as he was rolling.

"I'm rolling."

He said and shrugged his shoulders. The voice seemed familiar, but I couldn't identify who it was. However the dark covered most of his face and that didn't help me either with this task.

"I can see that..."

I slowly agreed backing up step by step and getting nearer the door. First is my family's personal yard and I had no idea how he got here, but second... who rolls in the wet grass anyways?

"You know that rabbits eat grass?"

The question popped out of nowhere and I stopped backing up surprised by his sudden change of the subject. I stared in to the dark where his white wet t-shirt could be seen and raised my eyebrows. Did he hit his head along the way while rolling...?

"Yes?"

But I was sure that we had no rabbits. And any animals at all. That still didn't explain his actions.

"Well moon rabbits don't need to eat, but smell of grass attracts them."

He casually said and smiled ta me his white teeth sparkled in the dark and the lighting bold stroke me at that second. Not literally of course, but I understood what was going on.

"Taehyung? Why are you here?"

I asked coming closer to Taehyung, who was an unexpected guest here at this late hour. Ever since we climbed up those trees he couldn't stop talking about moon rabbits, how to catch them and stuff like that, he hadn't changed a bit from the first time we met. But ever since he switched schools I didn't get to see him as often as I wished.

"He came in to your yard. So I followed along."

He assured me offering a hug. I bit my lips thinking about it for a second, it didn't seem right to touch him when he was all covered in water and smelled like grass, I surely didn't want my parents to get suspicious, but he was too special to miss out on this opportunity, so I just wrapped my arms around him.

"I guess he, is moon rabbit?"

I chuckled in his embrace and felt him nod. He finally let go of me and took a better look. I twirled around for him like following some sort of quiet command and he held a thumbs up.

"Yeah, but Faye Ann... you changed a lot!"

I didn't really change all that much. I was a little bit taller and paler from all the pressure I got in school. I lost some weight because I was nervous about exams that's coming up I sometimes would forgot to eat. I really didn't think it was a major change. But I guess as for Taehyung, he hadn't seen me in quite a long time, I looked different.

"I can't say the same about you. Same old Taehyung."

I smiled to him sweetly and made him do a twirl for me now.

"Anyways, I still have to catch that little bastard. Will you help me?"

I couldn't say no in the first place, but as he pouted at me, the answer was obvious.

"Of course."

And we went on looking for it. I wasn't sure what we should find, but it was silly and funny, and a much needed change from my boring routine. I looked around, but nothing and no one moved. My heart shook faster once more. I let Taehyung out of my sight. He could be anywhere.

"Peek-a-boo!"

I suddenly heard and someone jumped in front of me with two carrots in his mouth. I almost screamed and covered my face from the attacker, but as Taehyung took my hands away from my face I was hysterically laughing, because I got scared at such a simple joke.

"Why would you do that to me?"

I asked still laughing like an insane person. If my friends could only see me right they wouldn't believe that it's the same Faye Ann they knew.

"Because I like you silly."

I took a deep breath and blinked few times. I remembered then was the first time he said it. It was just as unexpected as this one. But I have to admit, I wouldn't have traded neither one of those to a romantic confession by the sea as the sunset sets or something like that. This was perfect for me.

"I thought no one is more important than moon rabbits?"

I laughed off his words and he suddenly got all serious and nod at me. I had to admit that hurt my heart a bit.

"There is no one more important than moon rabbits." He stated and I sighted disappointed. I kind of hoped for a different answer. "But you're not just no one... you're mine..."

I suddenly leaned in and kissed him on the lips out of nowhere. He stopped talking immediately and kissed me back. It was crazy enough that I did it in front of my own house where anyone from my family could have easily saw me. But I didn't care, I just needed to do this.

"Oh shut up already."

I whispered to him giggling, while I backed up to catch my breath. His face had this expression that I never seen before. And I truly thought that maybe it was a stupid move to do.

"Remember then I said to you, that from now on I'm looking for you instead of moon rabbits?"

Taehyung questioned and I nodded. I could clearly remembered how my heart shook at that moment. I was happy back then. I truly was.

"I do, I remember."

I assured him with my words just in case he couldn't see the nod in the dark.

"I think I just found you."

He whispered leaning in for another kiss.

theBabelle