>1<

Another sold out venue at the o2 Apollo in Manchester.

Another bottle of red, sat at the side of the stage ready for me.

Another load of screaming fans, ready and waiting for us to go on and do our thing.

We were all exhausted at this point. Going into our 80th show, I think. Every day, every week, is a new city. But with the same routine. And to say I wasn't becoming bored now, would be a complete lie.

It's not the fact I'm bored of touring. Or bored of playing the same songs. Not even that I'm sick of the people that rock up to our shows. But it was the same pattern for us, day in, day out. We get up. Straight to a new venue. Sound check. Hide away from the screaming, mobbing fans until it's show time. Then straight back to some measly hotel room until it's time to pack up and head off to the next place.

And this is it. This is the life we signed up for. This is exactly what we'd all worked so hard for. But it was missing the excitement these days. The novelty was wearing off. I needed to find something to thrill me, to stimulate me again. And I'd found there was only one way to do that - Girls.

We stood around, back stage, trying to make small chat. George and Ross were amused, playing happy slaps with each other.

Though the sound of the constant slaps and their laughter was quickly being drowned out as the excited fans made their way inside the venue.

Screams and eager shouting were heard. Some fans already in the partying spirit as they began chanting some of our songs. I think in an attempt to hurry us out.

The crew were already getting to work. Testing and checking all the electrical's. The white rectangle that symbolizes us, lit up behind the fabric curtain we were all gathered behind. Causing the crowd to come to life with screams and whistling.

I already knew this was going to be a rowdy bunch. Which meant I needed to up my game and make sure I go out there and perform as though it's my last ever gig, even if I was on the verge of collapsing with exhaustion. Guaranteed we always made sure our fans left satisfied and that they got their moneys worth from us.

"Two minutes, guys!" Another of the crew guys called out. Heading over to me with my guitar, checked and ready to go with our first song.

I flung the guitar over my shoulder, adjusted the strap and quickly strummed out the first cord of The City to make sure it was tuned properly.

Again the crowd roared to life. I snapped my head across to George who also found it amusing.

"Do it again" He mouthed, twiddling the drum sticks between his fingers.

So I did. And the crowd became even louder. The adrenaline was now cursing through me and I was pumped and ready for this.

"3....2....1" The crew counted down. And we were off.

We got into position while the lights were down. This is always the part I hate. It's practically pitch black up here. And one of us always ends up tripping up over something.

"Ow!" George called out in a low shout. Guessing he stubbed his knee on the drum kit again.

A quick glance at George, who nodded back to say he was ready. Then the same signals from Hann and Ross.

"1.2.3.GO!" I yelled into the microphone and the music erupted through the huge speakers above the stage. Drowning out the roar of the crowd. But it was practically impossible to hear myself through all the noise.

The venue quickly became hot and humid. There was a little over six thousand in here. Six thousand bodies all crammed down on the floor in front of us and the few lucky ones who got to sit, higher up. Though most of the fans would rather suffer and stand in that mosh pit. It honestly baffles me.