Chapter 11: Plethora of Problems

"If I want to see that stupid idiot now, I will see that stupid idiot now. So thank you very much for your unneeded mouth moving, but where's her room?"

Yep, Clint arrived.

It took about two seconds for my best friend to kick open the door, a extremely annoyed faced automatically switched to a very grateful and happy one. He dropped the bags he was carrying, immediately running up to me and squeezing me in a hug.

Uncomfortable pain shoots up from about every single part of my body, but really, I missed my mentor and big brother. I'd briefly seen him right before Coulson's call, but we'd been separated for a good three months before that. So I could mind the pain for now.

A very sour looking Meredith was in the door frame, and I did my best not to cast a nasty look her way. I did slightly take pity on her; she'd probably just witnessed one of Barton's sass storms, which involved heavy levels of sarcasm, an un-heavenly amount of swearing, as well as high volumes of yelling. So a small, itty bitty bitty part if me had sympathy.

Clint let go of me, slapping me on the shoulder before laughing some more," Haha, little Si. They said you were dead, but nope, you couldn't say hi to hell just yet."

"Clint, I'm Catholic."

"It's a figure of speech. Gosh, did they kill your sense of humor instead?"

"I got the joke part. I just chose to ignore it."

Barton's smile couldn't have been bigger," Oh, I've trained you well."

I roll my eyes so hard I feel like they're going to sink back into my head," Yes you have. Probably wouldn't be breathing if you hadn't. Well, I'm not breathing anyway due to that death squeeze you call a hug."

He raises an expectant eyebrow," Is that sarcasm I hear Firman? You can't have changed that much in a few months."

"There was absolutely no sarcasm in that statement. I feel like my guts has been turned inside out."

"Oh."

I still smile though, showing him I'm not mad in the least," But yeah, good to be back.....I guess."

He nods, crossing his arms," Yeah, they called and told me about the whole forgetting thing. Not exactly convenient."

"Nope," I shrug, taking this golden opportunity to get info," And I heard there was some video of me whoever took me sent you?"

Clint's smile falls, automatically knowing what I'm doing. I mentally slap myself, noticing my tactics are completely see through," Si, we've just barely said a hundred words to each other. I'm guessing a few people have already said no, besides Natasha. She's probably going to search high and low through SHIELD to find it. But do really need to see it now?"

Dang it Barton. Why are you so good at your job?

I suck in air through my teeth, making a hissing sound right before I talk," You sound like my doctor."

"Layla's sister right?" Clint answers himself before going on," Well, she kinda spent years training to do take care of people, and may have a degree in it? Shall we assume maybe she knows what's best for you?"

"She's knows what's best for normal people. We're not exactly normal."

"Normal is a setting on the dryer. Everyone has a breaking point. We don't know what you've been through, especially mentally. We don't want you having a breakdown and risk your career over waiting a few more weeks till you're more prepared." He tells me, much to my distaste, and I make sure the emotion is written all over my expression.