Chapter 12: When You Date A Stark...

Fun fact: when on a roll, FitzSimmons cannot be stopped.

The two had been constantly chirping at Dr. Renning, only stopping every few minutes to take in oxygen. Their voices only adding to the rise of sound in the room, almost suffocatingly loud.

Everyone was talking, except May. Clint and Ward were catching up in the corner of the room while Skye told me what had happened with the team since  I'd been gone. I was trying to focus on what she was saying, but I had a pounding headache. Not to mention the overwhelming feeling of claustrophobia. 

I don't usually like small spaces, being kept in a sorry excuse for a basement for six months of my adolescent life. Sure, it usually never hindered me because it was never a serious problem. But I guess being kept in a small box for awhile increased that small fear.

Now my head was throbbing and I had started to sweat a little bit. My breath had quickened, my heart racing slightly faster. I took deep breaths, calming my fidgeting self as I focused on Skye talking, trying to zone out of the tightly packed room.

"So then Lorelei and Sif started battling it out, all thanks to me hacking into the Bus and opening the upper door. Of course, Sif won and Ward and Fitz all came back to their senses. That was last week. God, life has gotten so interesting and crazy since I joined SHIELD. And weird, I mean how often do you have two mythological legends literally battling and taking control of a few of your teammates?"

I shrug, ignoring my throbbing head,"About two years ago I was in the same position, so yes, I understand the feeling."

Skye's smile grows even larger," Crazy weird. And awesome and sorta life threatening-"

Her phone ringing cuts her off, and she digs into her jacket pocket. The chiming of bells go off as Skye mouths 'Sorry' before putting the phone to her ear," Heyo."

Her expression from smiling falls, her head nodding before twisting back into a grin and pulling her cellphone away from her ear," It's for you."

As I wonder who it could be, I take the phone, listening for the voice," Sienna Firman speaking."

"So formal, almost don't recognize it's you."

A warm and happy feeling postpones my headache as I identify the caller, plugging one ear to drone out the voices of the others in the room," Hey Coulson. Long five months, no see."

"Well, I would come and be there in person, but I'd rather not have another person call out 'Ghost' randomly when they see me."

I smirk, glancing at Clint as I speak," The rest of the Avengers still don't know?"

"Remember your not even supposed to know, but you were to stubborn to let me remain as just a ghost. No, my team worked with them, but I didn't. Fury's orders."

"I figured as much. How are you doing?"

A chuckle is heard over the phone," Me? You just woke up with no memory of the last five months and your asking me if I'm okay. Typically that's little abnormal."

"Ugh," I sigh, the excessive amounts of talking around the room making it harder to here,"I don't want to talk about me, I really don't want to recount the exact same story over again."

"Lost your memory, have no account of the scars on you, scared weird stuff happened to you?"

"Yep."

"Well okay then. How's everybody else holding up?" He asks, and I let out a huge breath of air as my eyes scan the room. I look at everyone, still overwhelmed by the fact they're all here to see me.