Stories

*****
7- Stories

Summer

By the time Trunks arrived at the clearing, the Princess was already there. She was busy sewing something. Trunks took a curious step closer.

"What are you doing?"

The Princess gasped as she pricked her finger. "Owe," She frowned at her finger before she looked at Trunks. "I was working on a dress," she told him.

Trunks watched as she stuck the finger in her mouth and gave it a light stuck to stop the bleeding. His eyes widened slightly as his mind wandered to a forbidden place for a second before he snapped it back. He glanced around the clearing to avoid staring at her, "I see."

"Um," He turned to face her when he heard her start to speak and was relieved to see the finger out of her mouth. "I never did thank you for yesterday, for catching me, I mean," her dark eyes held his. Slowly, she reached up and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ears. "Thank you."

Trunks nodded slowly. "I couldn't just let you fall," he mumbled. "You could have gotten hurt. You really need to be more careful," he said.

"I will," she promised. She nodded her head as she blushed lightly. "I'm not sure if you remember this or not, but my name is Pan."

He remembered that it was the name is mind hadn't been able to stop thinking about for weeks now. Calling her Pan though, seemed strange. He felt as if there should be more to it somehow.

"Pan-" he began, but somehow he couldn't stop himself. "-Na."

"Huh?" Pan blinked at him in confusion.

"Panna," he whispered as he looked at her and his heart thudded against his chest. "Your name." At least, that's what he would be calling her.

He watched as her cheeks darkened and her lips parted as if she were surprised and Trunks was afraid that maybe she didn't like it. Suddenly, she twitched into a grin that let him know that she liked it. "What's your name?" She asked.

Trunks stood for a second as he wondered if he should give her his real name or not. "Trunks," he said. Was it strange that he wanted to hear her saying his name?

"Trunks," her gentle voice whispered.

Trunks felt his heart drum in his ears. Did she really have this much power over him?

"Trunks," she said again before she motioned to the spot on the blanket beside her. "You're more than welcome to sit beside me if you want."

Part of his mind was telling him that he needed to leave. He had already been there too long, but another part, a bigger part of himself wanted to stay. Slowly he walked over to her before he took a seat on the blanket. He made sure there were several feet between the two of them and she turned to smile at him.

"I still can't believe I know a Saiyan," she said.

"You're not going to tell anyone, right?" Trunks raised a brow. "I'm not exactly supposed to be here, plus, I don't think the King would be happy to know his little sister is in company with a monster," he teased.

"I don't think you're a monster," she told him.

Trunks felt himself blinking in surprise at her simple comment. She didn't think he was a monster? Then again, she didn't know of the horrible deeds he had done.

"And you don't have to worry," Pan added. "I won't tell anyone, especially not my brother. If he knew, he would never let me come here again."

"You must like this place," Trunks commented as he glanced around.