Chapter 32

Beth's P.O.V

It was a cold winter morning when I woke up, even though I'm covered with more than three blankets I still feel like I'm freezing.

I can't explain how fast time has passed by, within a blink of an eye the first semester was almost over. Next week I'm starting finals and then comes Christmas break.

Not much had happen in the last months, my classes had been going well, my job is all good I'm still having lots of fun there. I never miss one of Liam's usual night calls and something that now happens to me whenever for some reason we don't talk at night is that I can not fall asleep and it's all because I stay awake feeling worried and thinking if he's alright. Phoebe's still the same as always and all the rest has been the same as before.

I uncovered my self and got out of bed, I made my way to the bathroom and took a quick body shower.

When I got out I went to my room and changed into some clothe, I grabbed a gray jumper and my dark denim skinny jeans and put some socks on.

I walked to the kitchen and started to heat up some water for my tea, I toasted some bread and spread some peanut butter on it.

Phoebe joined me in the kitchen and we greeted each other, she has been looking really tired lately but it's because of our finals, I know she's been staying up late either studying or finishing some work.

"Want some tea?" I asked her and she nodded letting out a yawn,

I took a cup and poured some hot water in it then I took a lemon ginger tea bag knowing it's her favorite.

"There you go" I said placing the cup on the table in front of her,

"Thanks Beth" she replied taking the cup in her hands, "do you have to work today?" she asked after she took a sip of her tea,

"Yeah, I'll be back before dinner" I answered taking the last bite of my toast,

"Want me to pick you up when you finish?" she asks, usually Noah drives me home when I don't take my car to college,

"Oh, yeah sure, that'll be great" I answered.

I waited for Phoebe to finish her breakfast and then I grabbed my coat and slipped on my black ankle boots.

Today we are taking Phoebes car so now it's my turn to control the radio.

We made it to college and today because finals are starting soon we only review all the topics we've learned throughout the semester and we get our study guides.

I've stayed at the library with Cameron and Vanessa the past days and we all study arts together, other days I review my notes along with Noah and Literature most of the time I study it with Phoebe at home.

The day went by really quick and I've already left classes, I was already making my way to my job, Phoebe was kind enough to drop me here before she goes to the library.

I opened the door and walked inside the shop, it always smells like coffee and dark chocolate in here,

"Hi Beth" Noah's mom, Emilia, said from the counter,

"Hi Emilia" I replied, it's not to busy in here today, there are just a few people sitting down drinking their coffees and working on their computers.

I walked toward the back door and I found Noah there unpacking some stuff that has just arrived, "Hey Beth" he said once he noticed my presence,

"Hello" I replied putting down my bag and taking one of the aprons that were hanging on the wall,

"Do you need help?" I asked tying the back of my apron,

"I got it, thanks," he answered picking up a box "but could you take that tray of cookies to the front?" Noah asked putting down the box on top of another,

"Sure" I grabbed the tray and carefully carried it all the way to the the front and restocked the desserts counter. When I was done with that, I cleaned some of the tables and picked up the dirty dishes,

"Beth can you give me a hand over here" Emilia called from the counter,

"Coming" I replied leaving the tray with the dirty dishes in the back,

"Can you take the customers orders while I clean the coffee machines?" she asked and I nodded,

"Yeah no problem," I stood behind the counter and greeted every costumer that walked inside the shop, I took their orders and served their drinks and desserts.

Later Noah came by and helped me serving the coffees, we joked around and usually he likes to pull out some jokes never failing to make the costumers laugh.

"Here you go," I said handing the coffee cup to the young man in front the counter,

"Thank you" was his replied, I smiled politely and wished him a nice day,

I glared at the clock and realized my shift it's almost over, I called Emilia and she took my place in the counter, I walked to the back door and took off my apron and hanged it on the wall.

"Already leaving?" I heard Noah ask,

"Yeah my shift is over" I answers grabbing my coat and putting it on,

"Want me to take you home?" He asked taking a rag and drying his hands,

"Oh, no thanks it's fine, Phoebe's already on her way to pick me up" I answered and he just lowered his gaze,

"Alright then, I guess I'll see you next week" I walked toward him and nodded my head,

"Yeah sure," I gave him a small hug and he gladly hugged me back, "see you next week" I added and I started to make my way out the employees room, "bye Noah" I called from the door and I heard him saying goodbye too,

As I walked by the counter I waved goodbye to Emilia and she waved back with a big smile, I opened the door and stood out the shop. A cold breeze enveloped me making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. A couple of minutes passed by until I recognized the gray BMW stopping in front of me, I opened the passenger door and got inside.

"Hi Phoebe" I said taking a seat and buckling my seatbelt,

"Hey, how was work?" she asked pulling back on the road,

"Great, I'm exhausted tho" I said back letting out a small chuckle,

We got back home and once in there I went to my room and pulled out all of my text books and started to mark all the important points I'll need to study for my exams. It took me almost the entire evening and I stopped when I was almost falling asleep on top of my literature book. I decided it was enough studying for the day and I went to the bathroom brushed my teeth, washed my face and put on my comfy pjs.

Liam texted me as usual that night and I turned off my lights and went to sleep.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, thanks so much for reading. I'm aware that the last few chapters have been pretty short and kind of boring but don't worry because the story will get excited in the upcoming chapters :)

I also wanted to know what you guys think about the story so far. It's not that encouraging to keep writing without having any feedback or knowing what others think about what I'm posting, so please I would really love to read some of your comments or helping me with some votes.

Thanks again for reading,

-Dani