Revelation

I reached home with Chris's broken skateboard. He would kill me, I know. But Chris's skateboard was just one of my few little concerns right now. The real concern that have been battling in my head currently was no other but the brunette who lives next to me.
I enter my house and saw my mom, she was sitting on the kitchen counter with papers spread all over the counter. She was signing the paper down.

"Hey mom." she looked up to me.

"Oh hey honey. Where have you been?"

"Eating with a friend at Ally's. Where have you been?" I tried not to sound hars, recalling yesterday at her almost un-aware behavior. Even though she looked rather well today, but still. She isn't supposed to leave that kind of image to a child.

"Meeting your father." She answered nonchalantly.

I clenched my jaw by hearing about him. He told me he was busy and doesn't have any time for meeting up. And now, he have time to meet up with mom?! I swear I text and called him few weeks ago, but he always told me that he was busy or didn't answer or reply any of me.

"Yeah? What does he wants now?"I tried to sound chill and cool about it, but failed. It sound a little annoyed.

"Well we were talking about custody." My mom answer calmly.

"I'm going to bed." I said quickly. And made my way quickly upstairs.

"Lauren!" She sounded more of whined in weak than trenchant.

"I'm tired. Goodnight." With that, I didn't hear any of her protest. I've had enough hearing the rest of my parents conversation. Because I just know where it leads.

I closed my bedroom door and drop myself on the bed, laying on my stomach. I picked out my phone, unlock it until the face I genuinely hate but love appear. He put both of his arms around me and Chris, hugged us from side to side. That was the day I realized that he was the greatest dad that anyone could ever ask for. But now I couldn't see that anymore, my heart has cracked, all I can see now is some family member that I used to know. and I wished the pain would end, no, I wished I hadn't know him.

-

The next following week wasn't as pleasing as I'd expected.The distance between me and Camila increases as the days went by. There's no smiles, no sweet staring, just an aimless cold chemistry. Camila grew closer to her group friend as I got more loner each days. Saying that I misses her was an understatement. Every night I would curl up on bed, holding on to Camila's hoodie from the first time we've had met. The thought of returning it wasn't even yet to crossed my mind, especially in the time like this, where I misses her so badly, I need some of her, a piece of her, that belonged to her, that could little less sustain the hollow part of my heart.

I hate my rational mind who told me to stay away. But my heart speaks the opposite.

I honestly felt so bad for the way I reacted. I could at least say 'thank you Camila, for saving me, if it wasn't for you, I'd probably die'. But it wasn't entirely my fault seeing something inhuman before and reacted that way. And again it wasn't Camila's fault either, she did, didn't want me to see it, and how insecure she is about it.

Ugh, I couldn't decide what to do!

After school. I've found myself sitting on my bed with my back against the headboard and laptop on my lap. I decided to dig more information about Camila. I have been searching around the internet about Camila's situation. Most of the page was about mutations, supernatural, aliens stuff.. I felt a little awkward for doing this, I'm not the type of who would take interest in some fictional stuff. Or like those star wars nerds. I couldn't believe that all these things are real. But I had to believe, what other explanation do I have.