I'm Trying

*Author* hey guys! This is my first OQ fanfic!! I really want comments to see how I'm doing! (No insults please lol) Enjoy!!

"If you want to be the best you have to act like the best!" Said my mother. If she hadn't noticed, for the past five years I've won over thirty art awards, all in very high devision competitions. Some of my most brilliant work is in meuseums! Regina thought to herself. "I'm trying mother!" I said back to her in a slightly aggravated tone.

Regina Mills is a twenty five year old very talented painter. Well, others say that, her mother wants more from her no matter how well she does. She started taking art classes back when she was only seven, untill she was fifteen when she started painting for herself. That is when her mother saw her work and immediately thought of riches. She thought that if Regina was talented enough she would be famous and they would be rich. Regina's father would have thought differently though. When Regina was only six years old, her father died in a car accident. Her father would have always supported her, and let her be herself. Whereas her mother would make her act like she didn't have a single negative thought in front of others and that she was the "perfect child".

"Well maybe if you tried harder someone would actually notice your art Regina. You can't sit in this studio 24/7 and wait for someone to come along!" Now Regina was just angry. "Well..." Regina said and mocked her mother "maybe if you stopped talking for once in your lifel I'd be able to concentrate and get this done and looking amazing!" Regina regretted saying what she had said as soon as it slipped off of her tongue. Not because she felt bad, but because she knew something bad was going to happen to her next. Cora took one step closer after circling her for what felt like hours while panting. "Crap" she thought. And then in happened, Cora had struck her own daughter across her face. She felt a tear come down and immediately and left the room.

She just wanted to get out of that awful place. It never used to be that way though. When she was younger she never wanted to leave that room. That same room where she started panting. She had lived in that house her entire life. When she was eighteen her parents wanted to move and said Regina may as well keep it since she was old enough. Her father would have to pull her out of that room for meals every day because she was right in the middle of a "masterpiece" she liked to call it back then.

As soon as she left there was no where to go, considering she left home. She still had tears rolling down her cheeks. The only place she could think of where she could calm down was the library, and it wasn't too far either. "I must look like a reck" Regina said to herself with a slight chuckle. As she was walking she accidentally bumped into something hard and fell directly to the ground. "I am so sorry mi'lady, I wasn't looking where I was going!"

Regina's POV
I looked up only to find a very attractive man in front of me. Hold yourself together Regina! Your a grown woman! I gave myself a mental slap. "That's quite alright, I wasn't either" I said rather quickly. I'm guessing he saw the tear stains on my cheeks because I saw that look in his eye. Those eyes! God I could stare at them forever! "Are you okay, and don't say yes I'm fine, because it doesn't look like it." He had a truly concerned look on his face and I couldn't lie to him. "The truth is I'm not, but not because of this...its a long story" I stuttered. " I have the time" was all he said. I wasn't sure how to react to this.