One Week Later

It's been one week since Regina's been abused and in the hospital, this was her final day in a wheel chair. Her and Robin where on her way to the doctors to get the final okay on her ribs, and her other injuries. As for Daniel, they haven't found him yet. And it makes Regina cringe every time she tries to fall asleep knowing that he's still out there. Robin has taken the time off of work to be with Regina. They've been staying at Robin's apartment for the past week. Not only so Robin could make sure she's okay physically, but keep her safe, and give her the comfort that she needs.

Roland goes to school everyday and Regina wakes up early to make him breakfast and his lunch for the day, and saying goodbye while watching him wait at his bus stop with his bus buddy, henry. She always let Robin sleep in, since he's been doing alot for her lately. Robin's parents went home the day after Regina went home from the  hospital, staying an extra day to make sure she was alright. They where so caring towards her. And acted as if she was their own daughter.
"Good bye Regina" Alice said to Regina as she was walking towards the door. Robin had been pushing her in the wheel chair now. Since she hasn't gotten used to it yet. "If you two need anything, please call us. We'll miss you both very much" Alice said and bent down to Regina to give her a gentle hug. "Thank you so much Alice, I loved having you here and I hope you guys can visit soon" Regina returned the hug and then watched Robin and his parents say his goodbyes. Robin's father then bent down to her level, "make sure you keep an eye out for him, sometimes things happen in that noggin of his!" Ed chuckles and Regina does too. "You treat her well son! You are a very lucky man! he called out as he stepped out the door. Robin smiled down at Regina, really taking in how lucky he is. "Trust me dad! I know!" He called back to Ed and they both hopped into the taxi with smiles. They all said goodbye, almost in unison one last time. And they where off. And after that moment, Regina knew she was apart of a family.

Regina's POV
I was so happy to finally be able to get out of this freaking wheel chair! I swear to god they better find him soon so he can be punished. I couldn't even bring up his name. It was to painful to think about, let alone talk about. Whenever Robin asked me if I wanted to "talk about it" I always shut him down. I never want to think about it again. Just remembering the feeling of his body on mine sent shivers throughout my body. "What's wrong love?" Robin asked me. I hadn't even realised but I had shed a tear thinking about all of the horrible memories. I grab his hand. Needing to know that someone is there. Praise the lord I can get out of this wheel chair otherwise Robin would have to get one of those wheel chair vans and I'd be in the back if it. I thought to myself, trying to find a distraction to get me to stop thinking about it. "Nothing, I'm happy to get out of that thing though" I made an excuse to try and change the topic. But Robin can see right through me like a glass window. "Everything's gonna be okay" he reassured me. It's like he read my mind. I leaned my head on his shoulder and we continued to drive in silence. We finally get to the hospital and I'm very excited to be on my feet again. But you never know...I could be stuck with this thing for longer. And I was silently praying for that not to happen. We enter the double doors, Robin pushing me in. I felt so useless in the wheel chair. I felt like I had no purpose. That's probably exactly what he wanted. For me to feel that way. I still couldn't even think of his name. I just can't believe the man I thought I loved hurt me. I guess that didn't hit me untill now...but thank god I found Robin and didn't stay with him.
We go to to the large desk at the front of the building. We tell her the information she asks for and tells us to follow her. She lead us to the usual room I go in for my check ups. She leaves and Robin and I sit and wait for the doctor to come.
"How you doin Regina?"
Robin asks me as he turns and takes my hands in his. "I'm...scared" I knew if I said I was fine he wouldn't believe it. And I didn't want to lie to him, it was pointless.
"What if he comes back! What if he hurts Roland! The police haven't even found him yet! For all we know he could be sitting outside the door right now!" I rambled on...before I can even continue Robin smashes his lips on mine. I was surprised but I found myself kissing back. I broke the kiss breathless... Leaning my forehead on his. "Why'd you do that?" I asked...not being able to hind the smile in my face. "Well...one, you where stressing yourself out... Two, you needed comfort...and three, well, I just wanted to kiss you" he smiles and I giggle at the last part. The doctor walked in and we pulled away. Still holding hands though. "Hi Regina. How are you feeling? Physically of coarse." She sat down on her small chair and took out her note book. "I'm feeling... Okay...I feel barley any pain in my ribs though." I felt a little bit more than "barely any pain"... But then again, I did wanna get out of this stupid wheel chair. "That's good news. And I see the swelling and bruises on your neck have died down. Just keep taking those pills and putting on the cream and you'll feel good as new." Everyone was looking around the room just nodding and giving small smiles not knowing what to say, so she continued. "Okay...let's see if we can get you out of this thing. Can you stand up please? With no help?" I nodded as she referred to Robin beside me. I used the arm rest on the chair to push myself up. Having no problems and just the slightest amount of pain. "Very good. Can you touch your toes?" She asked me... "Well, I've never been able to do that" I laughed out loud and I got a chuckle from them. 'That's okay, but can you bend down as far as you could normally?" I bent down as far as I could, and I bent as far as I could normally go, but it really hurt. I'm guessing the doctor saw me wince at the pain because she said "that is normal, you can stand up straight now." As she was taking down more notes, hopefully all good ones I thought.
:::::::::::::::
15 minutes later I was clear to go, with out a wheel chair. Thank god. I said to myself. We got in the car and I opened the door, having a bit of trouble getting in the car without pain in my stomach. But I battled through so I didn't look weak to Robin. I got in the car and sat still for a second, letting my body catch up to me. Letting the breeze from the open car door blow on my face. Cooling me down. I shut the car door and turn to Robin who is smiling at me. I give him a confused look and before I could ask why he was so happy, he crashed his lips on mine. I was surprised but I instantly kissed back, letting him take control over me. I leaned over the gear shift to deepen the kiss, which hurt a bit, but was most defenetly worth it. He tangled his hands in my hair, knowing that it's a weakness of mine. I put my hands around his neck, pulling him closer to me.  I felt a smile on his lips as he was kissing me. For some reason, this kiss was different than the many other ones we've shared. I can't place it though. It felt new, almost...fresh. There was even more passion in this kiss than the others, if that was even possible. I know I love this man. With all of my heart. And I would do anything for him. He's done so much for me in the four months that we've been together. Four months. Holy crap! I giggled unintentionally as we where kissing. He pulled back probably wondering what I was laughing about. "What?" He chuckled leaning his head on mine. That just made me giggle more. We both started laughing. "Your adorable you know that?" He pecked my lips and asked me his previous question. "What was going on in that head of yours?" He chuckled again. "What was that for?" I asked smiling brightly. I felt like a  teenager. "What was what for?" He raised an eyebrow. "You know...that amazing kiss we just shared five seconds ago..." I playfully rolled my eyes at him. "Oh that, right..." He smirked. He pulled away from my head and leaned back in his seat, holding my hands and staring directly in my eyes. "Regina, you are by far the most brave person I know. I'm so proud of you. You've been handling this situation so well and it blows my mind how strong you are. There isn't one person I know who would take this as well as you. I honestly don't know what I would do without you Regina. I thought I lost you. But you came right back to me. Stronger than ever." I felt myself tearing up and I started to sniffle at the beautiful words he was saying. I didn't realize I was crying untill I felt robin's thumb glide across my face to wipe away the tears. "I love you...so much" I really didn't know what to say. Nothing I would've said could top the words he said to me. I leaned over and kissed him once again. And leaned back in my seat. "Let's go home" I said looking at the road ahead of us. And we drove off  silently, a very comfortable silence.
::::::::::::::::::
Robin's POV
We got home 15 minutes later. We walked into an empty house since I asked little John to watch Roland. "Would you like something to eat love?" I asked her. But I already knew the answer. She hadn't eaten breakfast this morning. "Yes I'm starved!" Knew it I thought to myself. "What would to like?" I looked in the cabinet and the fridge to see what we had. "Hmmmm...anything is fine. I just want food." I chuckled at her and started to boil water for making Kraft Dinner.
:::::::::::::::::::::
After we ate we sat down on the couch and watched TV for a bit. We snuggled. Close in each others arms, feeling more safe than ever. "Regina?" I whispered in her ear. "Hm?" She responded. "I love you." She giggled in response and turned her neck and pecked my lips. "I love you too."
She leaned her forehead against mine. We stared into each others eyes. Blocking every thing else in the world out, and only focusing on each other. We soon drifted to sleep on the couch, cuddled in each others embrace.