Talking

Regina's POV
I didn't know what to say. I've only been in one relationship in my life which didn't turn out so well. His name was Daniel, I thought I had found the love of my life, untill I was twenty years old and he physically abused me. We had been together for three years! He is still in jail today, and it has scarred me for life.
I don't know what it is, but there is something about this man man. And before I even knew what I was doing, I stuck out my hand. "Regina" I said in a polite sigh. "Robin" he said. "I was planning on going into the library" I said and lazily pointed to the door, since we where in the entrance way. "As was I, but apparently I took the wrong door since I've bumped into someone, perhaps you should lead the way." He said in that thick and handsome accent. I stepped through the door and let the sent of coffee overwhelm me from the Starbucks in the corner of the building. "I'll have to warn you I'm not the most interesting person in the world." I said with a smile as we where walking to the chairs in the back. "I'm just an artist" I said in a casual voice. His eyes went wide. "Wait! Regina Mills!" He said in excitement. I nodded my head saying yes.

Robins POV
I can't believe I'm actually talking to her! This is Regina Mills! The artist I will have to compete against in my art competition! I've only heard her name multiple times, but I've never seen her in person. And I must say she is gorgeous! "I didn't know I was this important to a complete stranger" she said with a smile on her face. That gorgeous smile I'd wanna see every day of my life. I laughed a bit and replied "I'm competing against you in an art competition in two weeks!" This brought a frown to her mouth, I was worried I had said something wrong.

The thought of her mother popped into her head and didn't feel so good.

"Did I say something mi'lady?" She looked straight in my eyes. "No of coarse not! Um," she looked back down "it's just that I might be dropping out of that one." I was shocked! I've seen some of her paintings in some of the most famous art museums in the world! "That's crazy! You are very talented! I've seen your work and this competition is supposed to get your piece into the ROM if you come in first place!" I wanted her to be there, I cared about her, even though I just met her five minutes ago, she has talent and should be going. But to tell the truth I also needed an excuse to see her again. I laughed to myself mentally. "I know! And trust me I really do want to do this. It's just, my mother isn't very supportive, exhibit A" she said and pointed to her tear stained cheeks and started to rub them off some more. "She wants more no matter how well I do." She said with a sigh. "I find that quite hard to believe mi'lady because your pieces are almost as beautiful as you." I needed to slip that in somewhere! She blushed and I was happy for making her happy. "Thank you, your not to shabby yourself." She said with a smirk. I've only been with this woman for five freakin minuets and I'm already starting to fall for her. And I think what she just said proved that she felt the same way. I wanted to know more though, not just about her artistic life. "So, What school did you graduate from?" I asked casually, it was pretty random but it was something. "Well actually from McMaster." She said with a laugh. I put a confused look on my face telling her to continue. "I realized that being a sergeant wasn't my passion. I wanted to do art for the rest of my life. I realize that I could have been more...successful, but I'm doing what I love, and I'm happy with that." So much for the "no art" topic I thought to myself. "Well obviously successful isn't the right word, because look at you now. And the same thing happened to me! I graduated from Harvard!" "That's amazing!" She said. "Well mi'lady if I didn't no any better I'd say we have a lot in common." She smiled and there was a short silence. So I decided to fill the gap. If you don't mind, would you mind me asking why you where crying earlier? If it wasn't because I hurt you. And please tell me if it was."
Regina's POV
Should I tell him? I just met him about ten minuets ago! But he seemed like a very genuine and nice guy. Not to mention gorgeous! I debated for a few seconds, but I decided to take a chance. I wasn't quite sure how to explain it though. "Well... You know how I said my mother isn't very supportive..." He nodded with a concerned look on his face. "Well, I was fed up with my mother treating me that way, and she um, she..." I said and started sniffling and my voice started to break down. Why was I so upset! I'm not surprised! My mother is that type of person! "You don't have to continue further mi'lady. I'm sorry for asking, and I'm so sorry that that happened to you." He said and put a hand on my knee which actually calmed me down. He's such a gentleman. "She's always been that way though, she's just never done...that sort of thing."
Robin's POV
I felt so awful! I just wanted to wrap her up in a hug and comfort her forever. How could a mother do that to her own child. I gave her a warm smile and said "it probably didn't help that I knocked you off your feet!" I said trying to lighten the mood and making her smile. "And what about you hm?" She said trying to move on from the awkward topic. "What is the famous Robin Locksley all about?" "You know my last name?! Stalker!!" I said in a playful tone making her laugh. "I'm not the only artist here!...I've seen your work." She said "touché...well, I have a six year old son named Roland." She looked confused so I explained further. "His mother passed a few years ago, I've learned to deal with it after a year, but I haven't been with anyone since." I decided to put it out there now so she didn't think I was with someone. "I'm sorry." Was all she said. I hadn't realized untill she grabbed my hand, but it was still on her knee. I said thank you and we stared right into each others eyes. Her beautiful chocolate brown eyes that anyone could get lost in. It's like we knew exactly what each other was thinking, and nothing in the world could break us apart. She put her head down, cleared her voice to pass yet another awkward moment, and said "wait, if your with me, where is your son?" I hadn't realized it, but I was supposed to be picking him up from my best friend John's house! "Well that reminds me!" I got up from the chair, but still holding her hand as she got up too. "I was picking him up from a friend of mine's untill I bumped into a gorgeous woman, and spent a wonderful afternoon with her!" She blushed and said "well I'm sorry to keep you!" "Oh you didn't keep me at all, I was actually picking him up early and had plenty of time. I would be leaving right about now." I was lying but I didn't want her to feel bad. Although to be honest I'd rather spend the afternoon with a very attractive woman rather than a six year old telling the same stories over again. Not that I didn't love Roland, but I haven't had love in my life for a very long time. "Well I hope I see you very soon Robin." "You won't have to hope if you gave me your number." I said with a smirk on my face. I gave myself a mental high five for that one. She gladly held out her hand and I handed her my cell phone with the contacts section already opened. She gave my phone back to me and smiled. Before walking away I grabbed her had once more and kissed it. That was my move...the ladies loved it...well...the ladies I've met before Marian. She smiled as I walked away, I could tell she was still looking so I looked back and saw her blush from embarrassment. Untill next time Regina Mills.