Too Long

Regina's POV
I got to Emma's doorstep and knocked lightly, since I felt to weak to even do it properly. She opens the door to see me in tears and immediately embraces me in a hug which was badly needed.
I cried in her arms. Not feeling any of the pain go away. She pulled me in her home and we sat on the couch. "What happened?" She asks so gently as I cry on her shoulder. I tried to answer but I couldn't bring myself to it. It was too painful. I thought I loved this man, I thought he loved me. But clearly I was wrong. Once again. I've always been such an idiot. I've always fallen for the trap. Maybe I just wasn't meant for love.

I was still crying on her couch after half an hour, and I finally managed to answer her question. "R-R- Robin" I chocked out. She looked mad. What a great friend. She always has been. "What did he do Regina." She said sharply. "He said he shouldn't bother loving me!" I cried even more. She got up and grabbed a blanket for me. I laid on the couch as she took the remote and turned on Netflix. She scrolled to our movie. The movie that always made us laugh. The one we would always play for each other whenever we where sad. Stand By Me.
She grabbed a small tub of "cows ice cream" and a huge spoon and handed it to me. I chuckled as I opened the lid and took a huge bite. The movie started to play, but this one time in my entire life, I couldn't concentrate on the movie. All I could think about was Robin betraying me.

Robin's POV
God dammit I'm such an idiot! How could I say that to her!
But she's the one that's making this way too complicated! I'm just trying to make sure that she's okay! Isn't that reasonable? Considering she got sexually and physically abused horribly by a man that has haunted her for years! Yes she's a very independent woman! But you can't just go through life dealing with problems all by yourself! You need someone!
But I shouldn't have said that to her. I'm the one person she lets in after all that she's been through, and I let her down! I told her I shouldn't bother loving her! She probably doesn't even want anything to do with me.
She needs her space.

Regina's POV
Emma waved her hand in my face trying to get my attention. "Oh um- what?" I focused my vision on her. It was honestly like I couldn't focus on anything at that moment. Everything was blurry...and that same sentence that he said just sat in my mind, playing over and over again, almost mocking me.
"Maybe I just shouldn't bother loving you if it's so annoying!"
That same sentence pounding in my head.
Was I really being that snappy at him? Was he just trying to take care of me? He probably didn't even mean what he said.
As much as I wanted to believe these thoughts, I couldn't. It was too hard. My heart's been broken far too many times and if it breaks once more I might just explode. And if I tell myself that this is all just one big misunderstanding, I'll end up going back to him just to be hurt again. I can't go through it again.
"Regina!" Emma yelled, not too loud though. "Oh sorry! What where you saying?" I scratched my head and yawned. "I was asking for the whole story. I need to figure out weather to punch Robin in the face or not." She explained and that made me chuckle a little bit. I honestly don't know how I'm possibly smiling right now. It's probably Emma. We've always been there for each other no matter what. So I'm not really surprised that she can make me laugh at a time like this. Then the memory flew back into my mind. "Maybe I just shouldn't love you then!" Our laughter soon came to a halt.

Robin's POV
I don't even know what I'm doing right now. Staring at a blank TV screen, on my bed...what should be our bed. What's the point? She hates me and she's not coming back. I want her to know that I love her though. This isn't fair. For me or for her. I need to tell her I'm sorry. At some point at least.

Regina's POV
After alot of sobbing and sniffling I ended up telling Emma the whole story. I could tell she was trying to comprehend it all.
"Is he right?" I asked her. "Well, I don't think I need to puch him in the face...he was just trying to comfort you Regina. He was trying to be there for you. And although you might feel like he's treating you like a 2 year old, you have recently been sexually and physically abused...I get why he's worried." She took a pause as I was somewhat hurt that she wasn't taking my side. "But...." She dragged the word out "he had no right to say that to you. If you need your space you need your space. You can tell him about Daniel another time. And you didn't have to tell him either. It's okay to put you first once and a while." I gave her a hug, without actually crying, "thank you. That's what I needed". I said as I pulled back. " how about I go set you up a huge bubble bath and you can just relax. Or, try to at least". It was a good idea. I needed to try. I was stressing myself out too much. But how could I? The man I love just told he he doesn't love me anymore. "What am I gonna do?" I question as I nod and Emma goes to set it up.