Chapter 8 - You're Worth It

"Where is my favourite niece that isn't actually my niece?" Bethany exclaimed making herself known as she walked into the kitchen the next morning.

"Bethany!" I exclaimed getting up from my seat and hugging her.

"Where's your brother?" Bethany asked after we hugged.

"Still in bed." I laughed.

"It's 11am. Right, I'm going to make myself known to him." After telling Bethany where Leo's room was, I heard her shouting his name as she ran up the stairs. I heard a faint 'what do you want' and then Leo telling Bethany to get out of his room.

After about 15 minutes Leo slowly walked into the kitchen looking like a bear with a sore head.

"Remind me to lock my door." Leo said to be as he sat down, resting his hand on his head.

"And I'll still manage to get in boyo." Bethany said walking into the kitchen.

"I hate you." Leo muttered.

"Hate and love and very close, so I'm going to take that as a compliment. Love you too Leo." Bethany smiled.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked, looking up from my breakfast.

"I missed you guys," Bethany smiled. "Even your dad. Which doesn't happen often."

I laughed, "you know you missed him really."

"It's like an annoying brother that I can't get rid of." Bethany laughed.

"Do I feel my ears burning?" My dad said walking into the kitchen. "Oh no, it's just Bethany talking shite."

"I do not!" Bethany gasped. "Maybe I should tell the kids about you and Sienna in LA when you made me look after them---"

"Okay, enough Bethany." My dad chuckled.

"That's what I thought." Bethany grinned evilly.

****

Jesse's POV

"Text her."

"No."

"Why not?" Adam laughed, trying to take my phone.

"Because the last time I saw her I told her that I liked her and-- now I don't know what to do." I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"Let me text her."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you will end up saying something like, 'Ella Knight I am in love with you, can I have your babies. And that will definitely scare her away."

"You don't want her babies?" Adam laughed.

"Shut up." I grumbled.

"Look give me your phone. I won't say anything about being in love or babies." I sighed as I handed my phone over to him.

Adam started texting Ella but wouldn't let me see what he had written until he had sent it.

Once he was done I grabbed my phone and saw what he messaged.

Wanna come over? The house is empty ;) we can have a Netflix and Chill day.

"Adam!" I shouted, "you're such a dick!"

I quickly typed a message.

That was Adam, being a dick. Sorry. J x

A few minutes later Ella replied back.