Chapter 11

"Zendaya, Can we talk," I heard the person say and I turned around. I saw Jay sitting on my bed.

"Sure," I replied and sat next to him.

"Your mom feels bad as it is and your just making it worse. She is crying downstairs because of you," he said.

"She's not my mother. If she was my mother than she wouldn't have left me with that psycho for ten years. All of a sudden she cares. What about the 10 year time period when she could've at least visited me," I said as I cryed.

My tears soon faded and anger filled my body.

"And so what, she's crying downstairs. I've been crying everyday for the last 10 years," I yelled.

"I understand your upset and you have every right to be but that doesn't mean ignore your mother. She loves you, Ok. If she didn't, do you think she would be crying downstairs because you won't talk to her," he said.

What Jay said was true. What he said really made me think. It made me rethink my whole attitude.

"Your right," I said. "I was acting like a total bitch to her and she doesn't deserve it. I just want to know why she left me but I'm doing a horrible job at asking her why," I said.

Jay got up. "Thanks for the talk, Jay. I really needed it," I said. "No problem. Promise me that you'll talk it out with her," he said and I nodded.

Jay left the room. I left the room also. I went downstairs into the kitchen.

I saw Beyonce sitting at the breakfast table crying. I came up to her and sat next to her.

Beyonce's pov

"Mom," I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up to see Zendaya. Did she just call me mom?

"Yes baby," I replied. "Can we talk," "Sure," I said as I got up and wiped my tears.

I led her over to the living room and we sat next to each other.

"I'm sorry for the way I've been acting," she started. "Its just that I was upset. *Sigh* For ten years, He wasn't such a good father to me. *Cries* He's abused me sexually....Mentally....and physically," she said as I cried.

She rolled up her sleeves and revealed her bruises. I cried when I saw them.

I pulled her into a hug. She laid her head on my chest and I put my hand on the back of my head.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry," I said as I rubbed her back.

"Why did you leave me," she asked as she cried on her chest.

"I was young, my career was just starting and I was just making stupid decisions," I started.

"When I found out I was pregnant...I was so excited to be a mother. My career was just starting out though so when my father found out he wanted me to abort the baby. Of course I was never gonna do that so he wanted me to put you up for adoption. I refused to do that too. Thankfully, your father offered to take you in. I had no idea he would hurt you. I wanted to keep you. In fact I dreamt about you every night that year. I wanted to meet you but my father said I couldn't take the risk of the media finding out about you. He said it would look bad. I was young. I had no say in anything. I'm a grown woman now and I honestly don't care what the media says. You are my baby and I will always love you," I said as I kissed her forehead.

"How come you kept Blue," she asked "Because when I was pregnant with her, the media already knew about her. There was no need to hide her. Plus I was older and I made my own decisions," I replied.

She pulled away from my chest. I wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I love you and I will NEVER abandon you ever again," I said.

It got silent for a moment until Zendaya broke the silence.

"I love you, mom," she said. I tried to hold in my tears but I just couldn't. I felt tears come down my cheek.

I pulled her into another hug. "I love you too," I said as I kissed her forehead once again