Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning around noon. I got up out of bed and dragged myself into the bathroom. I was so tired.

I did my morning routine and headed downstairs. I went into the kitchen and poured myself some cereal.

I went into the living room and watched tv while eating my breakfast.

I was in the middle of watching morning cartoon when I heard music. The music sounded very familiar.

I put my cereal on the table and followed the music into the basement.

"Yeah
Wanna put this song on replay
I can listen to it all day
I can listen to you all day
Hear you all day

Yeah
Wanna put this song on replay
We can start all over again
And again
Yeah
Wanna put this song on replay."

I knew immediately that was my song I made up last night.

I finally made it down the stairs and I see mom dancing to the song.

Her eyes were closed so she didn't notice me. I debated in my head on wheather or not I should scare her or just clear my throat to get her attention.

After about a few seconds of debating, I decided to scare her.

I crepted up behind her and screamed "BOO," in her ear as I practically jumped on her back.

She screamed. I jumped off her back and laughed. Mom's eyes were closed and she was breathing hard.

"Mom, calm down, It's just me," I said still laughing. She opened her eyes and when she saw me her breathing got back to normal.

"You scared the living shit out of me!" she yelled, "Don't ever do that again," she continued.

We then heard footsteps coming down thd stairs. We look toward the stairs and saw Jay running down the stairs with a baseball bat.

"What the hell is going on down here. Why did I hear screaming," Jay said.

"Because I scared your wife," I said still laughing. Jay started laughing too.

"Shut up," mom said as she stopped the song and chuckled a little under her breath. Jay went back upstairs.

I was gonna follow him back upstairs but mom grabbed me back.

"Anyway, I love your song. When did you make it," Mom said as she sat down on the couch. I sat down next to her.

"Last night," I said as I sat next to her on the couch. "Do you plan on...like....releasing the song," Mom asked.

"No, that song was for fun," I said as I got up. "I don't plan on becoming famous," I continued as I walked back up the stairs.

I went back into the living room and continued to eat and watch tv. When I was done, I went back into the kitchen to wash my dish.

I went back into the living room and saw Jay, mom, and Blue setting up a Christmas tree.

"Why are you guys putting up a Christmas tree so late. You do realize Christmas is literally next week," I said as I walked in.

"Do you wanna help us or not Z," mom said, "Sure," I replied.

"Is this real or fake," I asked, "Fake," she said handing me a branch, "Now stop asking questions and assemble it," she continued.

It took us about 10 minutes to assemble the tree. Now it was time to decorated it.

Mom took out a bunch of decorations and a bunch of papers and pencils.

"Before we put any decorations on the tree, We must first plan," mom said. "I want this tree to look nice and organized, not messy and ghetto," she continued.

Mom took out a piece of paper and pencil and tried her best to draw a christmas tree but she failed entirely. That tree looked nothing like a christmas tree.

"Ma, Don't you have people you can hire to decorate this tree or at least help you draw your vision on how you want the tree to look like because this ain't working out too well," I said.

"Z, You don't have to help decorate if you don't want to. Nobody's forcing you," she said, "No, I want to help," I replied, "I never really got the chance to decorate a Christmas tree before," I continued.

Mom finally made a good enough tree. She started drawing her vision of what she wanted the tree to look like.

We helped her and added a little touch of ourselves into the design.

After about 2 hours of planning, we had the perfect design. We started decorating the tree and it was pretty fun.

After about 3 hours of decorating, we had the enitre house decorated. I had no idea it took this long to decorate but it was all worth it in the end.

All that was left was for Blue to put up the star. We cleaned everything up before putting the star on.

When we were done cleaning everything up, Jay picked Blue up and raised her high. Mom handed Blue the star and pulled out her phone to video record the moment.

Blue was so close to putting the star on the top of the tree but she had to drop it inches away from the tree. We all laughed. Mom gave it to Blue a second time and this time, she reached the tree and put it on the top of the tree.