Chapter 12

Zendaya's pov
When we pulled away from the hug, mom went upstairs and I followed behind her.

She went inside of this room while I went inside my own room.

I still couldn't believe that this was my room. I was amazed by it. I loved the decoration.

I looked to the door to see mom standie holding Blue.

"Do you like the room because I can call people to re-decorate it," she said. "No, I love it. How did you know I like Paris," "Well, Paris is my favorite place in the world and your my daughter so I just thought you would too," she said.

"Thank you," I said, "Your very welcome," she said with a smile on her face.

Blue started to cry and mom left the room to I'm guessing feed her.

I went into my suitcase and started to fill the drawers. I didn't have much clothes but that was Ok because there was already clothes in there.

When I was done, I went into the bathroom. I undressed and hopped into the shower.

After about 15 minutes in the shower, I got out and lotioned myself.

I wrapped myself with a towel and walked over to the closet.

I turned on the lights and my mouth fell open instantly. My closet was HUGE.

I walked in and looked for a comfortable outfit. I finally found one.

I was wearing a white tank top with a nike jacket over it, Joggers, and Nikes. I wore no make up. I put my hair in a messy bun.

I walked out of the room and downstairs. I was about to walk out of the door, when I was stopped by mom.

"Where are you going," she asked. "For a walk," I replied. "Take Blue with you. You two can bond," "Fine," I said and she handed Blue to me.

"Do you need security?" she asked. "No, we'll be fine," I replied and walked out the door.

I walked down the long driveway and out the gates.

There was paparazzi waiting outside the gates. Bright lights filled my face. I was blind for a second.

I covered Blue with her blanket and continued walking. I ignored the questions they were asking. I had no idea where I was going.

I was just walking and the paperazzi was just following me.

I found myself in Central Park. I sat down on a bench and sat Blue on my lap. She had her fist in her mouth. She was so adorable.

"BluBlu, Can you say my name," I asked her and she nodded. "Say, Hi ZZ," I said and she struggled to say it. She managed to say the ZZ part though.

It was so adorable. "What's your name," I asked, "Blue," She said perfectly and joyfully.

Blue and I had a little conversation the entire time at Central Park.

When I left Central Park, it was 4:00. I continued with my exploration of New York City.

I found this frozen yogurt shop. I went inside and was noticed immediately.

I felt all these eyes on me. It was so uncomfartable. I made my yogurt with a variety of candy and went to the cashier to pay.

"That'll be 5:89," the cashier lady said. I looked in my pocket and realized I had no money.

"Sorry, I have no money," I said. "That's ok, I'll pay," I heard someone say behind me.

I turned around and saw a girl around my age with red hair.

"You don't have to do that," "I know," she said with a smile on her face. She handed the cashier the money. The cashier gave me the change. I tried to give her the change but she insisted I keep it. She was so nice.

Anyway, after frozen yogurt, I headed back home.

I finally made it home and I was exhausted.

I walked inside and put Blue down. She crawled to mom. Mom was dressed formally.

"Where are you going," I asked. "I'm just going out for dinner. Do you want to come?" she asked.

"Why go out for dinner when you have a perfectly nice kitchen and dining room?" I asked.

"Because I don't feel like cooking," she replied. "I can cook," "Baby, you don't have to do that," "Yes. This is my first dinner with this family and I want us to have dinner at home like a normal family," I said.

"Fine," she gave in and I smiled. Jay walked out wearing a suit.

"Jay, change of plans, we're not going out for dinner, we're eating dinner here," She said.

Jay shrugged and walked off. I headed towards the kitchen.

I was taking out the ingredients when mom walked in.

"Do you need any help," she asked, "No, I'm good," "Are you sure," "Yes, I'm sure," I replied and she walked out.

1 hour later, I was finished cooking. I prepared chicken, baked beans, and salad. For desert, I baked a vanilla cake.

I set the table and called everyone down for dinner.
5 minutes later, Everyone was settled at the table.

I made my plate and began eating.

"Hmm....This is delicious. When did you learn how to cook," Jay asked.

"When I was 13, my dad made me take classes," I said, "What meals do you know how to make," "I know how to make salad, chicken, spaghetti, macaroni, eggs, bacon, and sausage and alot more," I replied,

"Wow," Jay and mom said in usion. It soon got silent.

"Zendaya, can you tell us about yourself," mom asked, "Sure," I replied.

"My name is Zendaya, I am 15 years old. I was being abused by my father for ten years until I finally snapped and killed him a few weeks ago," I said.

"I like to sing, I love to dance and play basketball. My favorite color is blue. I love to eat and I'm kinda lazy," I continued.

"Ok, my turn," mom said, "I already know who you are," I said and she laughed.

It got silent again until I broke the silence.

"When do I start school," I asked, "Whenever your feel like ready to start it," she replied.

"I want to start now. Winter break is almost done and I just want to be a normal teenager and go to a public school," I said.

"I wouldn't perfer a public school because of all the attention your gonna get from the media. People might start using you to get to me. I would perfer you being homeschooled because it would be easier for all of us," mom said.

"Your right," I said. We continued to talk the rest of dinner.

After dinner, I headed upstairs into my room and I got ready for bed.