Please come home

Shawn Mendes Imagine

"Hi, sorry I'm not available at this time. Please leave a message so I can get back to you!" BEEEP.

I froze for a moment, happy I got to hear his voice again, even if it was a recording. I waited for a moment, trying to keep my voice low as I held back a sob.

"H-hey Shawn. Um, you're probably doing a show right now or something but there's someone in the house. I locked myself in our room— but if anything happens I want to say I—.. I love you. Um, keep singing for the rest of your life and start a family with someone else. I love you Shawn,... Good bye." I pressed the red button and sniffled, nearly choking on air as the footsteps got closer.

I ran down the hall, chucking my phone at a wall by accident. Fuck, how was I supposed to call the police? I flung open the bedroom door, slamming it shut and putting our somewhat small dresser in front of it.

Suddenly the doorknob begun to shake, pounding on the door arousing. My heart was thumping hard, my stomach doing flips. I felt like giving myself up to the person.

"I know you're in there, come out and we can do it the easy way!" A voice growled from the other side, making my heart skip a beat from its thudding. There was no 'easy way'. One of us would be left wounded or dead, I can tell you I'd most likely be that person.

I had hidden under our bed, pressed up against the bottom of the headboard. Typical of a movie, where they break in and the gir—

CRACK.

I swallowed at the sound, slowly peaking my eye open from being squeezed shut. I poked my head out the side of the bed, my eyes landed on the door that was still shut, but with a knife sticking through it. What the fuck?

It was suddenly yanked back out and stabbed back through it a different spot. I gasped, debating if I should keep watching or hide back under.

"Fucking open the door!" The person, who I assumed was a man, slammed his fist against it. I decided to retreat back, wiping the tears from my cheeks and eyes. They wouldn't stop streaming down my face. I never got to do the things I wanted in life; it was all about to be taken away from me.

I listened to the sounds that he was making over my own harsh breathing, trying to figure out what he was doing. A door was being swooshed open—he brought friends to help kill me?!

"Y/n, baby where are you!" Fuck.

Tears ran down my cheeks harder than before. Now he was going to die because of me. Why was he home? I couldn't h—

BINGG-THUD.

What was going on? Was that a pan or the barrel of a gun hitting something? The man definitely just hurt Shawn and it was my fault. If only I had warned him, everything would have been better.

The noises subsided, only creaking was heard from the boards of the floor. The knife was still in the middle of the door, like the man had another and simply forgot about the other one. He probably did, or took one of ours from the kitchen.

"Y/n, are you in there? Are you okay?" I didn't reply.

The footsteps moved away, back to the front part of our house. I cried into my hands, releasing a sob every so often. None of this seemed real. It's not every day that in our area that someone gets their house broken into.

More footsteps. More loud voice and men. And, sirens?

I slowly slid out from the bed, shakily standing with help from leaning on the mattress. I wiped the palm of my hands as I silently walked towards the door, listening through the side of the door. There was no way I'm standing in front of it, the man attempt to could stab me. No; he would stab me.

A sudden thud to the door send me back a step, my heart raging again. I swallowed harshly, waiting for the person to say something.

"Ma'am, this is the police. If you can hear us, say something or else we're breaking down this door."

"I-I'm here." My voice croaked out, weak from all the crying today.

The knife was slowly removed, my eyes watching it slid out.

"Please open the door, miss." I hesitantly moved away the small dresser, which, probably wouldn't have stopped the door from opening if it wasn't locked.

I unlocked it, turning the knob. A man in uniform stood next to Shawn, who's eyes were slightly red and bloodshot. He engulfed me in a hug instantly, rubbing my back. He muttered incoherent words I couldn't catch, making me just mumble a shh, baby it's okay.

"We'll be back later to talk to you miss, if that's alright." I just nodded, not wanting to let go of him ever again.

Once he got the memo and left us in the hall, I began to speak.

"How?" Was all I said and Shawn knew exactly what I was asking of him.

"I wanted to surprise you by coming home. Since you know, I still have a little bit of the tour left.. A nice surprise, isn't it?" He chuckled softly at the joke, and even though it was too early for it, I put on a small smile when I saw his face.

"Why didn't you... you know, call me?" My head lifted up from his sweatshirt, looking at him confusingly.

"I called you first, then right as I was going to call the police, I could hear footsteps and my phone got smashed." He wrapped his arm around my waist as he lead us back to the living room, laying on the couch.

"Guess I won't be getting that 'I miss you' sex tonight." He pretended to sigh, and I laughed softly.

"Babe, now is not the time for sex. Tell your hormones to wait, okay? We almost just got killed."

"I smashed his head with the pan covered in the non-stick spray. Were you going to make dinner?" I nodded, shaking my head at the image of Shawn swinging a frying pan.

"Definitely not making any eggs tonight."

"It's okay, pizza sounded better anyways."

-

Idk why I wanted to write this but here it is!
I have no clue what happened with this ending tbh.
1.1k words whoo
School's got me dead🔫
Please vote and comment if you enjoyed it! I love hearing your feedback & what goes through your mind when reading my books/stories :) xx