C.1. The Start of a Mystery

As I walk up the steps towards my door, I get the feeling that something isn't right. I push on the wood of the door and it creaks open slowly. Had I not locked it before work? Something is wrong. I enter and gasp at as I see everything broken along the floor.

'My gosh, I've been robbed!' I walk slowly into the kitchen inspecting all the utensils and things thrown across the floor. My favourite vase that previously held my secret stash of emergency money was now broken. Yet the actual money had not been touched, as if the robbers were not looking for money or things of value, but were searching for something.
'How strange...' I think.

I glace around towards the lounge room and freeze as I get the first of many frights to come.

There on my favourite white couch sat a guy, staring straight at me with hardly any emotional expression on his face. It was somehow calming as I stare into his dashing eyes. Somehow, I forget about situation at hand. I take my time to remember his face. His brown eyes and symmetric face was handsome, but I am drawn to his hair in particular. It was dirty blond and very stylish. I notice the tips of his hair were bright green. It even looked like the green was almost glowing. It gave him a very nice, pretty face. Unlike me, my face was splattered with freckles and an occasional pimple. My hair, which was just brown, wasn't at all stylish. I'm definitely not as pretty as some girls.

I quickly remind myself of the worrying situation.
"Who are you!" I yell, " What did you do to my house!"
His still, calm face was very strange. He stands up and I realise how tall he seems. I cower back as he towers over me, a small person hardly tall enough to reach the tops of my own shelves.

I stumble back towards the kitchen and almost trip on one of the fallen chairs.

"Hello, Summer" his slightly deep voice says. It suited well for a mysterious stranger and I notice that he has a thick Irish accent.

"Why... Why are you here...?" I whimper.
"I'm here for you." He says.

I don't take my eyes of him as I pluck up all the courage I have left.
"I want you to leave, or... Or I'll call the police! I... I'm serious!" I say failing to hide my fear. I slowly back towards my home-phone hidden by clutter.

"Summer, I mean you no harm," he says with a strange warm smile, "and it would be in your best interests to come with me, away from here."
"If you seriously expect me to follow you to... To who knows where without any explanation at all?" I yell angrily, still trying to hide my fear, "You must think I'm an idiot!"

He steps forwards and takes the phone from my hands behind me.
"I'm sorry, I really am, but you're in danger... And they'll be back here looking for you. Again, I'm sorry I have to do this." He looks into my eyes and I feel like I can't look away. His deep blue eyes pull me closer, causing me to drown in the calming sea of his mind. I try to walk forwards, but I find I can't move.

I am about to ask what he means when instantly I feel woozy and weak. I try again to step towards the door but find the room swaying around me. The guy was now the last of my worried.
What's happening? I try to ask but I'm too tired. I drift to the hard ground as he leans over me.

"They are going to come back here!" He says quietly. He must have said something else but I am distracted by the way he picks me up. As if somehow I was as light as a feather. I drift into dreams of handsome strangers and sudden danger. I feel safe, not just nice safe, but safe safe, as if I could survive anything thrown at me.