C.7. Traveling

"Brace yourself" he says quietly. I take a deep breath and squeeze his hands.

All at once, I get the feeling that I am being pulled me apart. It was unpleasant and sickening. My hands are locked in Jacks and my eyes want to fly open but I strain trying not to. I want to be sick and am about to pass out when I realise that it's already stopped.

I open my eyes, to reveal a small-ish white room. Behind me sat a small chair against the wall. I collapse on it and feel much better.
"Sorry..." Jack says, "Once you get used to it, it's feels more like a pop than... yeah..." He stops when he sees the death-stare I am sporting.
"Sorry... Isn't... helping... Now...!" I mumble, threatening to vomit.

"I'll give you some time." Jack says taking a seat on an identical white chair on the other side. I lock eyes with him and he smiles. I do the same. I continue to feel better.

I look around the room and see one of the corners of the floor had white paint chipped away, revealing an old brick wall. It was slightly calming, swing something look so old, but seem so new.

Jack stands up and offers his hand.
"Are you ready to meet the place that me and many others call home?" He says. I nod and stand up, taking his hand. He leads me to the grey door and opens it. He step outside and I let go of his arm.

We are suddenly confronted by a lady. She was wearing a red dress and her hair up high.
"Hello Mr. Hunter." She says with a thick Russian accent, "I see you've vinally brought somevone in." She then turns to me.
"And vhat is your full name, age, and nationality?" She asks, accent almost too thick to understand.
"Oh... Summer Dale, 18 and I am Australian." I reply.

Only then did I realise that there were a whole bunch of things floating around behind her. A packet of mints, a couple of pens and a stapler to name a few. A clipboard and a pen floats into her hands and she starts scribbling.

'I wonder what she's writing...?" I think. I mentally pinch myself at the obvious question.

I look around and see that what we came out of wasn't the only room. There were quite a few closed doors.

"Sir," she starts, turning to Jack, "your mother insists-"
"So how are you, Irena?" Jack suddenly cuts in. I can tell that she annoyed at his outburst, but keeps quiet. I start to get lost in thought at what the woman, I mean Irene, would have said if Jack didn't cut her off.

"I'm going to give Summer here a tour." Jack says. I look up, surprised to hear my name in the awkward conversation. Irena nods politely and starts waltzing away down the hall, followed by the floating objects.

After she turns right at the end of the hallway, Jack turns to me as smiles happily.
"Just as a warning, do not lie to her. Like I was saying before, she is someone who can tell if your lying. Just tell small truths if you want to get past her. Anyway, let's move on." He starts walking down the same way we say Irena walk, but he looks back to check if I'm following.

I quickly count the doors we pass. Ten rooms, I presume. We get to the spot where Irena turned right as I see two smaller hallways branching off left and right. Jack stops and turns to me.

He points to the right.
"That way is the toilets, you might want to know. There are two doors that have pictures on it." He says, a bit embarrassed. He then points to re right. "Over there is where Irena's office is. She never leaves this place. It's also where the supply room is. Behind me is the training room." He smiles cheekily and turns around.

He pushes open the canteen-like doors and let's me pass. I am instantly amazed at the surrounding room. It was a huge circular room with a very high dome-roof. It was lined in large white tiles and was very breathtaking.

The huge room was split into four parts. To the left was a section with a variety of exercise equipment and weights. It looked like an average gym. The section behind was filled with two large identical boxing rings. One was occupied. To the right was a large area littered with different sized metal spheres. Each had a label that read the heaviness in different measurements such as kilograms, tons and pounds. It had weights that would have been impossible for a normal person to lift, let alone a trained weightlifter. In the section behind that area was fitted with two more boxing rings identical to the others.

By the look on Jack's face, I could see that there was much more for him to show me.