Ch.23. Truth for Thought

"Yeah... I guess She was an easy one to strip...Come on, Smith wants all of us to announce something."
The other replies in a hurry. I hear the door open and the footsteps continue away. Once the door clicks shut, I jump up to turn to Mark.

"What did he want?" I whisper.
"He was running, I mean he stopped at the cell and said a name, something like simmer. The Snatchers were chasing him, so he was barely here a minute... Still more exciting than being dragged here... Why do you care?"
"Because he's the one I'm searching for!" I quietly yell. He looks taken back.
"He said something about going to find someone. He didn't come back, like I thought you left me when you got the keys..." Mark whispers.

"I'm sorry, kid. We're gonna get out of here alive. You have parents, yeah? Are they here?" I ask, but he doesn't reply.
"Look, I lost my mother when I was younger, for ages I thought I wasn't good enough."
"Yeah, I... I don't have any family."

"I'm sorry..." I sit down on the bed behind me, "

A/n : what? This is only a hundred and seventy words? This chapter was one thousand words long?!?!? My apologies, hopefully this gets restored soon.

Just while I'm editing this I'll give a plot summary.

So the guards pass and they have a heart to heart conversation.
Mark thinks he could lead them both to the way out, and where the other people are kept.
Summer trusts him and they wander around for a while
The have a conversation about marks powers, which seem to be shape shifting, yet he is only able to change his hair colour, (which takes a lot of energy to do, before it pops back to pink).
He leads her to a large room with two huge doors at the end and a several smaller doors on the sides.
A cry yell out for help, Summer wants to have a look but Mark goes straight for the huge doors.
Summer calls for him to wait, but he refuses, claiming that it must be a trick by the snatchers.
They argue for a little while until Mark yells about her wanting to find Jack.
The both go silent, until Summer states that she never told Mark his name. He turns angrily and gestures for her to follow him. She refuses. Mark opens the doors and slips through, but not without turning to face her, with his hair almost changing, becoming darker almost. She rushes to the doors trying to push them open to no avail, they are very heavy.
A whine calls out from the same door as the last and she nervously goes to check it out. (Tension rises haha) it turns out to be Dan, who was in a cell and had fallen out of the cell bed. He was still wounded from the gun shot and both were very surprised at their greeting. She tries the lock with the key from before but it doesn't fit. Dan points to a key just out of reach for him and that works.

They immediately hug despite their previously awkward relationship then Dan quickly asks how Phil is and where he is now and makes a comment about how summer is better company than the "weird pink headed kid".

Next story chapter continues from here.

I am so so so sorry about this.