C.4. A Suited Encounter

*authors note: hey there, I'm going to have to edit these couple of chapters, so excuse the bad writing. The later chapters are really good (I promise ;) ) haha. 16/6/16*

It's been two days since the dream and my mind still traces back to it. I can remember is perfectly, as if it weren't a normal dream. I haven't even left the house without the blue pearly bracelet.

Things have also changed. Some are good, some... not so good.

My boss gave me a raise, which was good, but then he fired me the next day. He seemed very paranoid, which was strange, but he seemed happy to sack the main worker of his already failing business, which was very strange.

There hasn't been any commotion in the alleyway beside me, but it still feels strange.

The real-estate who had previously rented me this apartment for three happy years now tell me that I have to move in two weeks.

Even my blue clock has slowed a few minutes, and I can't turn it back.

Everything is strange.

.......................................................

I am at the train station across from the 'soon not going to be mine' apartment. I've taken my time to wake up and now it's about four in the afternoon. But now I'm waiting for a train to take me to a 'hopefully successful' interview.

I can't stop thinking about the mysterious Jack from my dream. I read somewhere that your brain can never create new faces in dreams. Which means that I must have seen him before. Whether it was on the street, at the shops or on a billboard, I can't remember.

I steer my mind to the sound of the incoming train. I check my watch, realising this was an express. I get a bad feeling as I watch the train come closer. The station is definitely empty on both side apart from myself.

The bad feeling becomes stronger as the train starts passing. Seconds felt like minutes. The hairs on my neck stand on end as the train finally passes.

Five men in black suites were stood on the opposite platform. Each wearing identical dark sunglasses that hid their eyes, yet I knew they were all staring at me.

I look away as my mind remember Jack from my dream. He warned me of the men in suits. Maybe it was my subconscious telling me I was afraid of these guys.

I look up and they are gone. I look around, trying to calm myself. As I look back to my right, I get very startled.

There. They are there.

Standing in their V formation just meters from me. I stand up nervously from the bench as the man in front steps forward.

"Hello Ma'am" the one in front says.

Ma'am...? Not many people say that here, especially not with a thick American accent.

The man in who spoke stepped forwards. He, like all the others, was wearing a spotless black suit and a white blouse underneath. His hair, which was perfectly combed, was a shade in between brown and blond. Strangely, I cannot see his eyes through the sunglasses at all. He put on a fake smile that mirrors my own.

"Um...Hello." I answer nervously.
"How are you, Miss Dale?" He says calmly.
"Good?" I say cautiously, my tone rising. He knew my name?
"Sorry Miss Dale, my name is Agent Smith and I have to ask you to come with me and my colleagues for some... Questioning." He states, weirdly emphasising the word 'questioning'. I hesitate.

"I'm so sorry, I uh... Can't right now. I might be late," I say nervously, "for an interview." I add, quickly checking my watch, "You see, I just got sacked, and I need to move and-" he cut me off.

"I'm deeply sorry Miss Dale, but if you do not choose to come with me, I will have to force you." Agent Smith starts blandly as if reading from a script. Now anger takes control of me.

"Force me?" I half yell, "You expect me to just follow you to... wherever...?! I... I don't care if you are Police or FBI or whatever! I want a reason for this." I shout nervously, unknown to the fact that his 'colleagues' were each revealing a sort of hand gun, that looked like a gun and taser mashed together.

"Miss Dale..." He says sadly, "If only you've been smart enough cooperate, to work it out. You could've been helpful to us. You could have joined us. I guess the apple falls far from the tree." He finishes mockingly.