C.10. Taken

I get dressed into a black and grey training suit and walk out to the training room. Jack is there, ready to teach me to use my telekinesis. I walk to the centre of the room and turn right, towards the section with all the weights.

Jack is alone in the centre trying to lift one of the largest metal spheres unsuccessfully. I walk over to him and he hears my footsteps. He smiles and gives me a small plastic ball. I then will it to move and it flies across the room. Jack gives me a proud smile and takes me by the hand.

Everything around me darkens. The rooms becomes black. The outline of the room become vast, turning into a street. The only way I could see was the few lampposts littered along the side of the road.

I turn to my right and see Jack, holding my hand. I feel so happy, but something changes.

Jack cries out, but I can't make out what he is saying. I turn to see that he is no longer at my side, but meters ahead of me. He is kneeled on the ground, crying out towards me. He looks beat up, like he was in a fight with quite a few people.

I try to run to him but end up running face first into an invisible force, much like a wall. I scream his name but he continues to say the same thing. He is holding his hands I front of him, perhaps he is creating the wall. Only now do I try to focus on what he is saying. Something simple and short.

'Run.'

I instantly freeze as I now know what he says. I can hear him clearly now. He's terrified. I fall to my knees, pounding and screaming at the wall that he created.

A tall man wearing a pristine black suit and dark sunglasses appears behind the wall, in front of me. It's the Snatcher who first pulled a gun to my face. I scream at him to let Jack go. He just smiles. The most hideous smile I have seen in my whole life. The kind of toothy grin you only see in nightmares. I am paralysed in fear, but can still hear Jack screaming for me to run.

He reaches to his face and slowly pulls off his sunglasses. His whole eyeball was blood red. His iris, his pupil and his cornea was stained. I gasped in shock and quickly scrambled away. Seeing my fear, the Agent smiled even wider. He put his glasses back on and walked away. He stops walking when he gets to Jack, who is now sobbing. Jack looks up at the Snatcher and seems to acknowledge something being said to him.

He stands up, still obviously emotional. I too stand up. His eyes glass over and he smiles the same smile as the terrifying Agent Smith. His eyes then swirl, turning the same colour as blood. I run forwards again, forgetting about the wall.

Jack walks forwards and stands in front of me, on the opposite side of the wall. The kind Jack whom I met days ago was now a monster. He was only a shadow of his past self.

Then he laughed. A terrible laugh. A sickening laugh. I scream and he disappears, along with the other snatchers. The street around me becomes darker, fading to black. I fall to my knees for the second time and cry. I yell his name over and over, but I just know he will not return.

Something calls my name, beckoning me to the light above me.

Summer, it yells, Summer. Please! Summer!

"Summer" Jack says again, finally waking me from my slumber. I open my eyes to see a worried looking boy staring down over the top of me.
"Summer, calm down. It was just a dream"
"Jack!" I yell back, "You're okay!"

He gives me a funny look.
"Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?" he asks, obviously concerned, "You were calling my name, Summer, you were clearly scared..."
"Oh... It was nothing... Just a nightmare," I say, "about the Snatchers." I add quickly. I guess it wasn't exactly a lie. Jack give me a knowing look, then seems to rethink his position.

He quickly jumps up and runs his hand through his hair. He laughs quietly.
"I guess it's lucky you slept till lunch, otherwise you would have woken all of us up." He chucked, "I'll umm... Wait in the training room for you, okay?" I nod and he walks out, closing my door.

I sit up and look around. Nothing has changed, I'm still in my pyjamas and my clock was ticking. I stand up on weary legs and go over to the closet. My training suit, as well as all the clothes Jack must have gotten last night, was untouched.

I slip it in, finding that it fit perfectly. I sit back down on the bed and become lost in thought.

This nightmare-dream wasn't at all like any other I had experienced. I could remember every bit of it. From the smile on his face to the unforgettable look of his eyes. I shudder at the thought and quickly pick my self up from the bed.

"I'll forget about it soon enough." I say to myself, knowing I wouldn't. I open the door and decide to walk down to where I am sure the cafeteria is.

*AN - I just wanted to thank everyone who has read this far through my book. Thank you to all those who have voted and commented!
THANK YOU ALL.*