Ch.20. Future Profecies

"Hello Summer, please sit down." Says the woman, gesturing to the couch opposite her.

Bella is the first one to step forwards, followed by a strangely timid Phil. I have to coax myself into moving towards her. Something about her makes me feel slightly uncomfortable, but I push the feeling aside.

I flop down onto the leather couch next to Bella, and take some time to look at the woman clearly. I haven't noticed before, but the very ends of her long curly dark hair was green, the colour of fresh harsh after rain. It was the exact same green colour that Jack had. Except the whole top of his head was coloured instead of the tips. My chest compresses suddenly at the mer thought of him.

"What's his name?" the woman suddenly says to my surprise, "I mean, what has he told you his name was."
"...do you mean Jack..?" I say. She sighs.
"Yes, of course. Then I guess he haven't told you about me yet, my name is Mira. I mainly run this place, and I'm... I'm his mother."

I gasp in surprise, why would he keep that a secret, that his mother runs this whole underground lair?
"Wait... You asked me what his name was...? If your his mother, you should know..." I ask suspiciously.
"We've been fighting ever since his father was taken, he completely distanced himself from me and our family. So much that he refuses any relation with me... Tea?"
"Wait, what?" I ask, but Phil mumbles a yes so she hops up and moves towards where we came in. Her brown curls bobbed up and down as she struts over to the kitchen I hadn't noticed. The tiles were sky blue and the island table was completely spotless.

I lean over the two sitting next to me, noticing that both their faces are stitched with confusion again.
"She seems nice..." Phil whispers.
"Yeah, something doesn't feel right." I whisper back, "Like there's something she's hiding."
"Guys...?" Bella whispers. I notice that this is the first time she's spoken since we've been here. She raises her hand and points towards the couch opposite is.

There was a young boy, sitting cross-legged and barefoot. He had dirty blond hair, and his eyes were closed.
"Hi?" I say, the boy didn't respond at first.
"Do not fear Phillip, you will be reunited once again," the boy spoke with an soft Swedish accent. Phil gasped quietly, "and Isabella, you will fight the strongest enemy you will ever have to face."

The confusion we all felt was nothing to what we were feeling now. The wisdom he obviously had didn't fit with his soft, young voice at all.
"And you, Samantha." he says, opening his blue eyes, "you must become stronger, our lives are in your hands."

His face darkened, and his eyes were glossy. Something in me knew that what he had said was true. How did he know, I haven't gone by Samantha in many years.

"I see you've met felix...?" Mira says, startling us from behind. She hands the tea mug to Phil who takes it gratefully. He takes a sip and places it back in the table. My eyes drift back to the boy, Felix, except now he didn't look special or wise. He just looked like a little boy, aged maybe 10. He smiled, jumped of the sofa and shyly walked around the back of the sofa he was on, towards a large TV. He turns it on, and some sort of game is on. I recognise it as being a game called No Mans Sky, that game is cool.

"You have questions," Mira stated, her Irish accent was practically identical to Jacks, "And I know your dying to get them, so fire away."
"What just happened?" Phil jumps in first.
"Felix is psychic, sometimes he feels the needs express them. Other times, he's off playing video games like a normal eleven year old, he won't speak though." She answers. I look over at Felix, he seems to be in deep thought.

"So he's telling the future?" Phil asks again.
"Most of the time... He's been right about many things before... But don't share his predictions with anyone else, not even me... I'm not sure why, but they are for you and you alone..."
"Okay..." I say, "what's with the green hair, why do you have the same colour that Jack has?"
"Again, I don't know why, but it's my family. All the supers end up having some sort of natural green hair. I only got a little." She said, twiddling the end of her hair.

"The only way to get to their lair is to get captured." Mira suddenly states.
"Wait... You know that Jack was taken?" I ask.
"Of course," she mumbles sadly, looking over at Felix, "He's told me that I cannot stop you. I figured your plan was to get to the Snatchers, and the only way there is to get captured... Felix also said that you won't get experimented on, or at least, you'll be able to escape the prison they keep supers in."

"Thank you," Bella says suddenly, " So I get to kick some snatcher butt?"
Mira laughs in the same way that adults giggle at little children wanting to do something silly.
"I suppose so." She answers, her gaze suddenly hardens, "I have said all that I need to say, we will meet again, Summer." I notice that Felix's game has been paused, and he was looking at Mira. His index fingered were on the sides of his head, perhaps he was psychically talking to her.

"Okay, thank you. I promise I'm going to get him back, in going to get everyone back." I say, maybe more for me than her. She nods and we start to head out towards the doors.

I say goodbye as we all pile into the little white room. The door closes and silence falls. Probably because we're all deep in thought about what we're planning to do. I step forwards and open the door again. The room changed and the back Irena's desk stands before us. Luckily the desk does not hold Irena at the moment. Silently we all pile out and head towards the hallway. Once we get to the training room, we all decide that a good nights rest would help us prepare for tomorrow. We each go our separate ways.

Just as I'm walking through the canteen, a child manages to brush past me. The top of his head was dyed pink. That's pretty neat. Tiredness had taken over my mind by the time I got to my room and changed into the Pyjamas. I was asleep the second my head hit the pillow.