Chapter 19

Since last year, my writing has improved a ton and I just want to say that from here on, i'll be taking things slow because I rushed through this entire story at one point, and it doesnt make sense so ill explain it. Rissa and Smiles are together. Toby is basically Rissa's Fake Big Bro. Rissa hates Jeff, Jeff hates Rissa but is starting to like her. Thats all so far!! Thanks Guys for so many reads and so much support, I will try my best to continue on. MAINLY WILL BE LARISSA'S POV !! ( sometimes flashbacks will be in italics)
It was hard for me to decide to continue this story.

ENJOY THE CHAPTER
----------------------------------------------------

*3 Months Later*

So far my life has been strange.. I don't understand how i'm coping with this. A killer for a boyfriend, yet I still love him? My mind works in numerous ways that I still don't understand. I mean, I know he wouldn't try to kill m--

"Rissa?" Smiles spoke softly, coming to sit beside me on the couch. I guess I was so lost in thought that I didn't even hear him come in the room.

"Huh? Oh... sorry. I guess I was out of it" I told him, giving him a half-hearted smile. How does love even work?

"You're okay right...? My Rissa... you know you can talk to me about anything. I'm.. here for you princess" He said as he wrapped his arms gently around me, hugging me. I nodded and whispered a "yes" into his shoulder. It made him sigh in consent.

I just wish I had my life back. So much has happened... it feels like a week when in reality, it's been 3 months... 2 months ago, my mom died...murdered by Jeff and not long after that, I met Toby.... then was kidnapped by Jeff.

Everyday its on mind that anything can happen to me at any moment. What if Smiles and Toby died? What if Jeff is pissed that I somewhat led him on to escape, and come murder me in my sleep?

I giggled at the thought. Silly me.. Smiles and Toby would never let that happen. Well, at least not without a fight.

I decided it was time for me to stop being a big baby. I really needed to stop being so dependent on others and more dependent on myself. I knew that I was protected by everyone around me. Smiles, Toby, Masky, and more. I shouldn't just sit here and be gloomy, I doubt mom would want that for me. She'd want me to live my life to the fullest and be ready for any future situation.

I sat up from Smiles, making him unwrap his arms from around me. He looked at me with an adorable confused face, as to say "Why are you getting up?"

"I'm gonna go take a shower. You're welcomed to come". I told him with a simple smirk and a wink. He hopped up and threw his shirt off fast, rushing towards the bathroom door.

"Hold fast big boy, I was joking". I giggled. His facial expression was enough to make my day better for the rest of my life. He looked like a sad puppy! His head hung low like he had just disappointed the president and burned down the kitchen.

"Rissa.. you're so mean to me!" he pouted and quivered his bottom lip while looking at me dramatically. If that isn't the cutest thing in the world, I don't know what is!

I snickered and walked into the bathroom to take a shower and start my crazy day.