Chapter 2

Larissa POV

I walked through the non-busy streets as I left the hospital. They didn't want to help me. I had did my best to ask every single Doctor or Surgeon there. They all said no to me..

I gave up all hope and I walked, maybe I should try researching online? They do say that Google knows everything. I walked on the sidewalk that was next to the woods, nature always calmed me.

I sat down on the bench that I always went to as I watched a few cars pass by.

"Well, what is a beautiful...girl like you doing here?" I heard a somewhat familiar voice.

My head shot up as I stared into a face that I felt I knew. His black hair and pale skin. I gasped in awe as I saw his eyes, they were red. It was strange but it fit his eerie appearance.

"Just thinking... My mother is sick and no doctor is willing to help her" I said as tears dared to spill out. I looked down so he wouldn't see my face, I never liked looking weak infront of others.

"Ah, I'm a doctor. I could lend you a hand, what is wrong with your mother may I ask?" He said as he reached down and planted a gentle kiss on my hand that made me shiver.

"W-We don't know.. she became very ill one day. We have no money to take her to the hospital, therefore we do not know what is wrong." I said as I stood up.

He nodded his head in understanding, like he knew the situation I was in was terrible.

"I will help. Call me Doctor... Doctor Smiley" He said smirking.

I smiled brightly at him, staring into his bright red eyes. I looked away feeling dazed as I rubbed my forehead to get the feeling away.

"Thank you Smiley, I'm Larissa. Larissa Miles" I said nodding to him.

"My.. pleasure. Meet me here tomorrow at 5pm so I can take you to my... clinic for further details" He said as he smiled a genuine but mysterious type smile.

His eyes held an unknown emotion that made me want to question should I really, but I decided against it.

I nodded to him, giving him a hug that made him tense up before awkwardly patting me on the back. I had to go home and tell mother the news! We have someome to finally help us.

Dr. Smiley didn't know how thankful I was for his help. He was going to make my life a whole lot better, and I couldn't be more grateful. He was willing to help a stranger like me, even without having the money to give!

I threw the front door open and closed it, running up the steps quickly to my mothers room.

"Mom! Mom! I- I I finally found someone willing to help you get better" I said as I beamed. I was soo happy at this point. Mother shot up quick, a look of surprise on her face as if this was just another mere dream.

"Are you serious Rissa Dear?" She said as she questioned me, but a look of hope was shown clearly in her eyes.

"Yes! His name is Dr. Smiley, I will be meeting up with him tomorrow night at 5:00 to go to his Clinic and discuss what will happen, also to give him further information." I walked over to my mother and hugged her tight.

"We finally have hope mom." I whispered as I let a slight tear drop. My mother may live after all.

I gave her some food and drink before she fell back into another peaceful sleep. I showered and threw on my night clothes slowly getting on my bed. I was ready to sleep so that tomorrow would come quicker.

I stayed up staring at the ceiling, wondering why Smiley was so quick to help me. No doctor nor stranger had ever done that before in this town.

It was 11:47pm before my eyes slowly started drooping, making me fall into a peaceful slumber.

Tomorrow is the day that me and my mother's life may change for the better, and I was willing to do anything for her.