Prologue

• Dedicated to Xiang Qin

Prologue

"Someone once said that love knows no boundaries. That regardless of what others may believe to be wrong anything is right. Love asks no questions. It does not knock though it enters. We should not question its sanity. As what's fated is fated and fate is carved in stone"

JJin :)

Then everything I thought I wanted to be true was, and all the secrets we tried so hard to hide were beginning to unfold beneath us and, at that moment I realised that my world would never be the same again. Suddenly all the things I thought were important like passing school and making the elite team just didn't seem as important as it once did a few months before. At that moment I realised that my life would never go back to the way it was. One thing was for sure, I wasn't the person I was before.

I had changed in ways unimaginable all because of what I did and the choices I made.

The wind whipped my long black hair across my face. I could smell the rain fresh on the pavement. As I walked down the quiet streets, I could see the rain on car windows; it looked like ice glistening in the moonlight. I could hear the rain gently tapping on the pavement.

The wind blew again and I tighten my coat around my neck. I quickened my pace and slipped into the door on the right and walked up the old spiral staircase. I could feel the wood moving under my feet as if it was going to give way any minute. As I opened the door I knew what I would find, as this was my daily routine. There he was in all his beauty the man who caused my world to change, the man who had so many secrets, just like me.

As usual he was lying on his long double bed. The bed I have been in so many times. Thinking of how many rules that have been broken by what we did.

I slowly un-zipped my jacket and hung it behind the door and then I climbed into his over-sized bed. He laced his fingers into mine. I lay my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat for what could be the last time. I took a deep breath in as I knew what I had to say "I don't think we can do this anymore, if they find out what sort of trouble we will get in? They will never let us be together...they won't understand how I feel for you" I whispered into his chest. "Does it matter how people view our relationship?'" he said. "It matters to me' I said to him. "Rainie" he cupped my face in his hands and looked into my eyes. "I love you more than life itself. No matter what anybody thinks of us my love for you will never change. You must remember that'" he said "you must" he gently ran his fingers through my hair.

I didn't think I knew what love was until him. All those crushes in school seemed pathetic now. They really didn't match up to what I felt for him they all just seemed meaningless. I knew for a fact that I had confused those stupid feelings for love. Love was something that I had never experienced before until that day, the day I let my feelings control me. That was the day that my life changed, and I knew it would never be the same again.