14. Party hard

It was 1am, when rang the doorbell at Agents' apartment. Marco went out of his bedroom and both girls were in the corridor with guns raised and bodies tensed. Man opened the door.
"Hi, is Alice still awake?" Christian's voice echoed through in corridor.
"Umm, yeah. She is," Marco steped out of the doorway and Christian went in.
Quickly and quietly Alice ran back to her bedroom and hid her gun under the mattress and took a book, pretending to read.
"Hi," Christian knocked on the door and went in, worried look on his face.
"Hey, what are you doing here so late?" girl put aside her book and sat criss-cross.
"I just wanted to make sure you're all right," man closed the door behind him and went over to her bed.
"You could have just called," Alice rolled her eyes.
"I know, but seeing you is something completely different," Christian shrugged and laid down, resting his head on girl's lap.
"What's wrong?" she ran her fingers through his dark brown hair.
"Anabella is acting weird and being picky. I hate when she thinks that she can still boss around. I'm not a kid anymore, but her attidude is just annoying," man sighed, shifting on his back and staring up at Alice.
"Well, she's your older sister - it's completely normal that she's worried about you. I'm sure Anabella wants only the best for you."
It wasn't like Alice would have developed feelings for Christian, but she still felt sorry for him. Part of her didn't want to lock him up, but her Agent's part wanted to put end to this. It was pure job she did there.
Alice still missed Bucky a lot and she had spoken to him few more times. She loved seeing how man's face always lit up when he saw her. She loved the way how he blushed, when Alice praised him. The pride and satisfaction in his eyes. That smile that was brighter than the sun. That all made girl beyond happy, but also broke her heart, knowing his struggles and not being able to be there by his side. She had never felt something like that before so that also scared her. Alice had seen Bucky at his worst and best moments, and never thought about letting him down. He had become the reason to live and fight for her.
"Can I stay here tonight?" Christian's voice brought her back to reality.
"Yeah, sure," girl smiled down at him.
~~~
"So, Cap. What do you think?" Tony looked over at Steve.
"I think we can land here and walk for the rest of the way and take down the guards. You and Sam could fly around the perimeter. Clint could get up here - it looks like a perfect spot. And the rest will go with me," Steve stated.
Avengers nodded and left the room. Bucky went over to the blond and tapped on his shoulder. He actually hadn't understood if he can go with them, but he was determined to go no matter what Steve says.
"Yeah, Buck," blond turned around to face his best friend.
"I can go with you tomorrow, right?" brunet quietly asked, nervously rubbing his bionic arm.
Steve knew what was going on between Bucky and Alice, even though his friend hasn't told him anything. Captain saw how happy he always was after talking to her and Steve always wanted Bucky to be happy. Also he knew that they'll be dealing with HYDRA and Captain didn't want to put his best friend in danger.
The puppy look on Bucky's face worked it's magic and Steve smiled: "Sure. But now let's go back home. We have few hours to have some rest."
Brunet beamed and followed blond to the elevator. He couldn't believe that he was only few hours apart to meet Alice again. Bucky was ready to kick HYDRA's ass. And also it was going to be his first mission with the Avengers.
~~~
Alice's alarm beeped and she turned it off.
"Qualche minuto per favore," Christian mumbled, wrapping his arms around her waist and burying his face in girl's neck. (A few minutes, please.)
"Christian, I have to get up," Alice tryed to get out of his grip.
"Non sei affatto divertente," man sighed, giving in. (You're not funny.)
"Whatever," girl rolled her eyes and gave him a morning kiss.
"Why you're always following the rules? Doesn't it get boring?" Christian turned to his back, with his gaze following her.
"Once I disobeyed and that was a very good lesson," Alice answered, picking clothes to wear that day.
She decided for black, denim jeans, black tank top and grey sweatshirt. Girl took her garments and underwear, and went to the en-suit. She quickly took a shower and got dressed. Alice went back to the bedroom and was immediately pulled in Christian's embrace, making her heart to skip a beat.
"Let's stay, please," man mumbled in her neck.
"Christian, I have a work to do," girl giggled, because his breath was tickling her.
"You're so conscientious. But I like you anyway," he leaned closer and pressed his lips against her's.
Christian's arm went around Alice's waist but the other hand cupped her face.
"Nice try," girl chuckled, pulling away and patting his chest.
"But it was worth it," man smiled, taking a towel and going to the en-suit.
Alice went up to the kitchen, where Marco and Caro were already making breakfast.
"I guess that wasn't his shot," Marco quietly said, flipping a pancake.
"Or he's too good at acting," Alice shrugged, taking her coffee mug.
"No, his intentions are pure. He likes you too much," Caro shook her head.
"Whatever," Alice rolled her eyes and laid the table.
All three Agent's finished making the breakfast and soon Christian had joined them. They had a casual talk and everyone seemed relaxed, but man knew that something was wrong. Every now and then Christian looked at Alice - he had convinced himself that it's just because he's worried about her. She was still a bit pale and seemed tired. And he still hadn't understood what exactly had happened in the restaurant. He didn't like Anabella's attitude lately and the way she sometimes looked at Alice - like she'd kill her at any moment. Of course Christian loved a lot his older sister, but Alice was really important to him too. He just wanted them to friends and not to fight like it was with the most of his ex-girlfriends.
Christian valued Alice much higher than his previous girls. She'd never drag him around shops and nightclubs. Girl enjoyed sports and relaxing and that was what Christian liked. Alice always respected his opinion and was flexible, so it was easy for them to agree with something. Often they'd spar, watch games, play video games or just watch a movie. He was surprised how Alice had pulled him 'back on earth'. Even in those parties and events they attended together he stood sober and didn't want to drink at all. Of course he was worried about what press was writing about their relatioship, but Alice took it calmly. If she saw papparazzi on the street running at them and taking photos, she just kept acting naturally. However, Christian's ex-girlfriends would make a show out of this. Man called himself lucky, that he had met her.
But Marco, on the other hand, was jealous as hell. He liked Alice a lot, but she showed no interest in him, although her relationship with Christian was fake from her side. Yes, she was friendly with him, but still distant. Marco had tried to show his liking for her in many ways, but to no avail.
The drive to Leoni's house was in silence. Agent's were being cautious but Christian was focused on his phone. As the gates were opening, Caro was silently counting seconds and Marco was trying his hardest to not to drum his fingers on the wheel. But Alice was watching Christian with the corner of her eye, being ready to act if something goes wrong.
But everything was the same - Emilio, the biggest and most dangerous of guards, greeted them, guards on the roof where nowhere to be seen.
"See you later," Christian kissed Alice's cheek and hurried upstairs.
Agents went to Antonio's office as they did every morning when they hadn't received any specific orders earlier. As Marco was reaching for the door knob, the door opened and Anabella, with a suspicious look on her face, came out.
"Hi," she said in a high-pitched tone and walked past them.
"Good morning," Agents answered in unison and went in the home office.
"In time as always," Antonio laughed.
"It's our duty," Caro shrugged and sat in one of the chairs in front of the big, oaken desk.
"You know, I give you a day off. You've been working so hard that you deserve that," the older man leaned back in his leather chair and looked in the eyes of each Agent.
"But-"
"No 'but's'. Now go home or have some fun, so tomorrow you can be back on your feet in full strenght," Antonio interrupted Alice.
"Okay," Marco frowned and got up.
"Bye then," Alice got up as well, being totally confused.
They all farewelled and Agents went back to their car. Emilion didn't even look at them as they left.
"They fucking know something," Alice whispered as they had got in the car.
"Anabella," Caro rolled her eyes.
"Okay, I'm gonna drop you at the apartment and then I'm gonna go to the plane to get some stuff. Are you okay with that?" Marco put on the sunglasses and checked the rear mirror.
"Yeah, it's fine," Alice nodded and checked her phone.
She had received a message from Tony: "We're ready and on our way soon. Stay safe."
"Roger that," girl chuckled and replied.
That was it - the final of their mission, what they have been waiting all the time. Agents have been training a lot and were in their best shape. Also the Avengers were on their way so they were kinda ready for the worst. Alice took the laptop and hacked in Antonio's system.
"Hm, HYDRA and Alexey as well. It's gonna be fun," Alice shook her head.
"Yep, we're gonna party hard tonight and it's not even Friday yet," Caro nodded.

--------A/N--------

Thank you for reading and voting.
~Undi
P.S. I might not post messages anymore because I don't get any help from you. It's just pointless