23. Gym

"Hey, Ali. Let's go spar," Natasha plopped on the couch next to the girl.

"I don't know how," girl quietly answered looking away from the book.

"These are your skills. Your body will remember that," brunette took took away her book and closed it.

"I'm not fit," Alice tried to take back the book.

"Sitting here like a princess won't make you fit," Natasha put her book on the coffee table and went to girl's closet.

"Okay," girl sighed and stood up.

Natasha handed her a pile with workout clothes and she went to the bathroom to change. When she was ready both women went to the gym in Avengers tower. It was the first time Alice had gone there. Immediately her attention caught Bucky and Steve who were sparring. Girl was amazed seeing their swift movements both dodging and attacking. With few fast moves Steve was lying on the matress and Bucky was holding him.

"Givin' up now?" brunet smirked.

"Whatever," Captain sighed and his best friend released him and helped to stand up.

Bucky turned around and saw both women standing in the gym and watching them.

"Hi," he smiled and went to the bench where his water bottle was.

"Hi," Natasha and Alice answered in unison.

Bucky had become close with the girl during the last month. They were spending a lot of time together, more than Alice with the rest of the team and none of them minded that. She was still being distant but asked more questions and didn't avoid movie nights anymore.
Bucky was happy seeing how Alice was recovering and he knew very well that in the end she won't be the same, but it was still her.

"Hey, Nat, wanna go for a round?" Steve raised one eyebrow.

"Sure," Natasha answered and went over to him.

"So are you gonna start to train again?" Bucky sat on the bench and patted a seat next to him.

"Guess so," Alice shrugged sitting next to him.

"That didn't sound very happy," brunet frowned and looked at her.

Girl didn't answer or react to that and just kept watching how Natasha was sparring with Steve. Man took another sip from his water bottle and raised his eyebrow.

"C'mon," Bucky stood up and motioned for Alice to follow him.

"What?" Alice frowned.

Brunet rolled his eyes and took her hand pulling girl up to her feet and dragged her along to the other side of training room. A pink blush tinted girl's cheeks feeling her heart starting to race and a jolt of electricity running through her body. Out of habbit, Bucky brushed her knuckles with his thumb. He didn't even notice doing that.

Steve successfully pinned Natasha to the mat and he helped her to stand up. They went to the bench and sat down.

"I can't remember the last time I've seen Bucky so happy," Natasha took a sip from her bottle.

Captain looked at his best friend how he was carefully wrapping Alice's hands and telling something laughing that even made girl's lips to curl in a smile.

"She still hasn't remembered a thing," Steve sighed.

"But you can't forget love," woman shrugged.

"I just want Bucky to be happy. He more than deserves that even if he doesn't believe that," blond took a sip from his bottle and then motioned for Natasha for another round.

~~~

"Hey, guys! I'm throwing a party tonight. And I expect every one of you to see there," Tony anounced through speakers.

"Well, it looks like we have to finish for today," Bucky steadied the punching bag and took off his boxing gloves.

"I don't want to go there," Alice quietly said looking at her feet.

"What do you want to do? Movies? Walk? Something else?" brunet raised one eyebrow taking off her boxing gloves.

Girl lightly shrugged not looking up at him. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled in a tight hug. Alice returned the gesture resting her head on his strong chest. Suddenly Bucky felt girl's shoulders starting to shake and heard her sobbing.

"Ali? Why are you crying?" man softly asked rubbing her back.

Bucky understood that he had broken her walls. He rested his head on top of her's and pulled her closer. The gym door opened and Clint and Sam appeared in the doorway. Bucky motioned for them to go out and both confused did so.

"I've been trying so hard, but I can't remember anything," Alice sobbed in his chest.

"Ali, don't push yourself. You have to be patient and let things go their own pace," man stroked her hair.

"But I want to remember."

"I know, doll. I know. So do you want to get out of here?" Bucky kissed the top of her head.