24. Rain

"We should have hailed a cab!" Bucky laughed unlocking the door.

"Yeah," Alice giggled shivering.

The sky had been dark the whole day, but it wasn't the first time it's like that. But that day it actually rained. And by buckets with a storm. Man thought it will be just overcast so he suggest to have a walk at first. As it started to rain, it became impossible to hail a cab so they both ran to Steve's and Bucky's apartment as it was closer to their current location.

"C'mon. Let's get you some dry clothes," brunet kicked off his sneakers and went further in the apartment.

Alice took off her shoes as well and followed him. Her socks were wet and she slipped on the parquet floor.

"Easy there!" Bucky caught her by her waist and held her agaist his body.

"Thanks," Alice whispered with a light blush tinting her cheeks.

"C'mon," brunet took her hand and lead to his room.

Girl was shivering and man wrapped a towel around her.

"I hope they'll more or less fit you. Bathroom is here. And put the wet clothes in a dryer," Bucky handed her a pile of clothing and lead to the bathroom.

He himself quickly changed a pair of sweatpants and blue t-shirt. Then he went to the kitchen to make some tea and cook something for dinner.

Alice put on Bucky's sweatpants, t-shirt and hoodie. All of them were too big but she felt comfortable. She braided her hair and put her clothes in the dryer as he told, and went out of the bathroom. Girl followed the music and went in the kitchen.

"So here's your tea," Bucky handed her a mug and turned back to cooking.

"With what I can help you?" Alice asked leaning against the counter next to him.

"I'm completely fine," man smiled.

"No seriously, I want to help you," girl set her mug on the counter.

Brunet rolled his eyes, picked girl up and sat her on the counter. Instinctively Alice held onto Bucky's shoulders.

"You can help me like this," man handed her back the mug smirking.

Girl chuckled obeying him. While he was cooking mac&cheese Bucky was telling some stories from his childhood. He noticed that Alice was bitting the inside of her cheek and he knew when she did that.

"Go on," brunet encouraged her.

"Why you are so nice to me?" after a moment of silence she quietly asked.

"I don't get it," Bucky frowned turning to her.

"Why you're spending so much time with me? Why do you care so much about me?" girl looked up at him.

"Because I want to. And because you deserve that. You were there for me even in my worst moments. This scar," man took her hand and pushed up the sleeve of the black hoodie and traced the line with his index finger, "it's because of me. I had a relapse and I attacked you. Every other Agent would have left me but you didn't. You have no idea how much you have helped me," Bucky looked in her eyes.

"Sounds like you're returning a favour," Alice sadly smiled looking down at her lap.

"No, it's not like that," man shook his head moving closer to her and embracing the girl.

He wanted to say that so badly, but didn't know how. Also he didn't know how Alice would react. Bucky felt her arms tightly wrapping around his torso and how girl rested her head on his shoulder.

"I like you," Alice quietly said.

She madly blushed and released man looking at her hands on his lap. For him it felt like a huge rock had been taken off his shoulders. Brunet tilted her chin upwards and softly pressed his lips against her's. Alice's face still burned but she wrapped her arms around his neck melting in the kiss. Bucky cupped her face with his blood and flesh hand, and wrapped his bionic arm around her waist. He pulled away and rested his forehead against her's.

"I like you too. And a lot. It's actually the first time I see you blushing," man smiled brushing her pink cheek.

Girl buried her face in the crook of his neck amd wrapped her arms around his waist. Bucky felt so happy that he couldn't even express that.

"The food!" Alice poked man's side looking up at him.

"Shit!" brunet hissed and ran to the oven, "looks like we will have to order something."

He took out the baking dish from the oven with the burnt food and out it on the stove.

"Pizza, chinese or thai food?" Bucky raised one eyebrow with a guilty look on his face.

"Pizza," Alice answered without hesitation.

When Steve went home around 2am, he found them both asleep on the couch in each other's arms. Smiling he put the blanket back on them and turned off the TV. Bucky shifted in his sleep pulling girl closer and Alice buried her face in the crook of his neck.