Ichi ~ Back with something new

1- Back with something new

- - - - - -

After a month of being away from Konoha High School, I, Sayuri Nakahara, am back in school, walking down the same school hallway I've walked a month ago.

It felt weird walking back inside the high school. Since, basically, the whole class had an extra month away from school, I found the school a little unfamiliar to me. To be honest, I always thought that when the project ended, I would be walking through the halls beside Sakura and Ino as everyone in our way immediately greeted us as soon as their heads turned and found us in their sight. But realizing it only now, Sakura and Ino weren't with me. Instead, gasps erupted from everyone's mouths as I ironically walked down the halls with Sasuke Uchiha, my "enemy", beside me. What shocked them, though, was the fact that we walked by, hand in hand.

I know it's only been a day since the whole thing happened. Actually, it's been nearly fourteen hours, which I thought was pretty strange. I guess... when I kissed him, it somehow made us official, as people would call it. I wasn't sure of it at first until I came to school earlier and found Sasuke standing by the door. You should have seen the look in his eyes when he turned his head to see me approaching him. They lit up like a light bulb.

I'm getting off topic. Oh well. Anyways...

"Am I dreaming?"

"I thought they hated each other!"

"Is this some sick joke?"

Similar phrases left nearly everyone's mouths. I was pretty surprised at how much of a big deal they were making out of one thing they see. Even the teachers were talking about us!

I could hear Sasuke sigh in irritation in response to the situation. He leans down to whisper into my right ear. "We should have taken the other hallway."

"Can we just walk faster?" I breathed out, not bothering on making eye contact with him.

"Fine," he responded. "since there's really no other option."

Before we could even go on with our little plan, we realized how late our plan came to us as we looked up to see Kakashi-sensei's classroom right in front of us. Well, at least we know our plan for tomorrow.

As usual, Kakashi was late again, so we had to wait outside of the classroom. It didn't surprise me at all, but what did was when I saw that only Choji, Shikamaru, and Hidan were standing outside of the classroom as well. I mean, where the hell is everyone?

I've realized that Sasuke had let go of my hand. I guess it was only to avoid yet another unexpected interview from the students of Konoha High. I was relieved. My right palm felt a little sweaty anyway.

Well, it didn't help us escape completely.

"Hey," Hidan's voice boomed into my ear. He slung his left arm around my neck and pulled me closer to his side. "I heard you were dating the little Uchiha right there."

'Pfft, that was quick.' I blinked a few times as I lifted my head to meet his gaze. "So?"

"So it's a really big f*cking deal!" He shouted.

Choji decided to butt into our sudden conversation. He gives me a sly smile as he continues to chew his food. "It's everywhere, Sayuri! Why wouldn't they talk about it? It's not every day that you see two people hating each other's guts and then suddenly are together and happy."

"No one invited you into this conversation, fat ass."

Choji dropped his bag of chips upon hearing the name Hidan just called him. He was at the point of strangling him right now. Though, he wanted to beat Hidan senseless, he tried his best to keep his cool.