Jyuu-Roku ~ In his arms

16- In his arms

- - - - - -

I was lucky that I was able to get home safely without any sights of Sasuke. If he would have seen me with Kiba, that would only prove him to be right about his suspicions. I don't even understand why I care. I mean, now that Sasuke's my ex, I shouldn't care about what he thought. Yet, it's so hard to forget about him.

I shouldn't worry about getting over him quickly. We broke up literally thirty minutes ago.

When the three of us got into my house, I didn't hear any sounds nor did I hear any voices, except Ino's. My parents weren't home. I didn't know why, but I didn't really care either. At least they didn't have to see me with swollen eyes and wet cheeks and immediately bombard me with a ton of questions.

Just to be safe, we stayed inside my room, shutting the door and opening the curtains wide enough for us to see the driveway to see if my parents came home. Ino sits on the computer chair by the window, occasionally looking out of the window to watch the driveway for a moment. Kiba sits on the edge of my bed while I lied on my side on the middle of the bed. I rested my head on my right forearm as my left hand gripped my right. I tried to mask my heavy breathing by letting my hair fall over my face, but I wasn't doing a very good job at it.

It was pretty silent. We've been in here for nearly ten minutes already. I guess they thought that I needed to calm down and stop crying before we could talk. I understood completely; I was barely able to talk back there because of my damned tears.

Ino finally broke the silence, but she was talking to Kiba. I paid no attention to their conversation as I began to play with my hair. I twirled a strand of my hair around my index finger for a second before letting it go. I sighed as I brushed my left hand through my hair, moving it out of my face. I turned myself to lie on my back and looked up at the ceiling above me. I shut my eyes and pursed my lips when I felt the hurt feeling coming back again.

"Are you crazy? He'll beat you to a pulp!" I opened my eyes upon hearing Ino's response to Kiba.

I propped myself up on my elbows and stared at the two in wonder. "What's going on here?"

Ino instantly scoffs in response as she points at Kiba. "This idiot wants to confront Sasuke tomorrow after school."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. I turned my head to look at Kiba; he was scratching the top of his head as he stared at Ino in annoyance. "Why not? He cheated on her! And besides, I'll have Akamaru by my side if he tries anything."

I shook my head, sighing as I sat up. I pulled my knees to my chest. "You know... I'm not even sure if I want to go to school tomorrow," I huffed in frustration. "It sucks that I have to be in the same class as they are. I feel like they're going to try something to hurt me even more."

"Well that isn't going to happen because Sakura and I are going to have a word with Karin," Ino retorted.

"Wow," I shook my head, letting out a little laugh. "Ino, you're such a hypocrite."

"Hey! I warned her!"

This subject went on for about ten minutes. Ino still didn't want Kiba to meet Sasuke after school tomorrow, and of course, Kiba fought back with the same reason. That resulted in a pointless argument. I zoned out the whole time; I pretty much just looked around the room, and at one point, I was staring at the wall like it was the most interesting thing here.

Not long after, a familiar car pulled in the driveway. I looked out of the window and immediately tensed up. I stared at the car in shock until someone stepped out. It was only my parents.

Nothing very interesting happened after that. Ino realized that my parents were here when she saw me get up from my bed and walk out of the door. Mom and Dad were somewhat surprised when they saw Kiba following me out of my room. At that moment, I realized that they haven't met him.

"Yuri-chan," my mother started as she placed her purse on the glass table. "Who's this boy?"

"Oh," I turned to look at Kiba for a moment. I gave him a small smile before turning back to face my parents. "He's Kiba. He's a close friend of mine."

I notice him giving my parents a sly smile and a wave. I turned my head back to Mom and Dad, who were smiling back in return. "Hello, Kiba," my mother greeted.

Dad gives me a confused look. He scratches the top of his head, making me laugh slightly. He tells me, "I thought I would see Sasuke here. Where is he?"

My smile immediately faded away at the mention of his name. 'Just when I forgot about what Sasuke did, he decides to bring him up again!' I turned my head to the left to look away from them, bowing my head down slightly. Pursing my lips, I blinked a few times while fiddling with my fingers.

I hear Ino let out a cough. "It's a LONG story."

I heard the sounds of movement in the living room. I looked up to see Ino pushing my parents into the dining room. I silently laughed at the sight for a moment. As I dropped my arms to my sides, I felt a hand on my right shoulder.

"Sayuri," Kiba says in a soft tone. "Just... don't think about him. I don't want to see you crying."

I only nodded in response to him. I was growing weak again.

"I should get going. My mother's probably angry at me for not coming back home sooner."

I crossed my arms when he took his hand off of my shoulder and walked past me to the doorway that led to the outside world. I followed him with a sinking feeling as I saw him turn the knob and pull the door open. Somehow, I was sad that he had to leave so suddenly. Could it be that I don't want him to leave yet?

He smiles reassuringly when he sees my expression. "Don't worry. I'll call you tonight," My lips curled up into a sly smile as I looked down onto the ground. Kiba lets out a small laugh. "I'll talk to you later, Yuri-chan."

Before I knew it, his feet were out of my sight. I lifted my head in an instant and watched him walk down the walkway and onto the sidewalk. I felt as if I weren't showing him that I was thankful for him being by my side the whole time. Something told me that it was the perfect time to show him that I was thankful and that this wasn't just all about me.

I found myself running after him, shouting his name. Kiba abruptly stopped and turned his head. Before he could look at me, I engulfed him in a hug from behind.

I laid my head on his shoulder, shutting my eyes in utter bliss. "Thank you."

He laughs as he loosens my arms from his waist. Kiba turns around and immediately wraps his arms around me, pulling me into an embrace. Sighing in satisfaction, I happily returned it, burying my face in his chest.

You know, I thought I'd be crying over Sasuke, but I was wrong. I was in Kiba's arms... his loving arms. And I was glad.